User Avatar Image

Im going to see X-Men first class :D

posted by yoman45135 on - last edited - Viewed by 650 users

Ok so today im seeing the latest x men film, the orginal films are fantastic and i was sad when they said they wont make any sequels only prequels

Does anybody know why?

I know something about them saying they explored the present a lot but want to know the routes?

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ...because the last two weren't very good?

• I didnt find them bad at all i liked them :confused:

• @yoman45135 said: I didnt find them bad at all i liked them :confused:

They killed off like 3 main characters in the third one, isn't that right? Plus Frasier was beast for some reason.

• @yoman45135 said: I didnt find them bad at all i liked them :confused:

They were good popcorn-cinema (not great though). I have seen worse movies in that genre.

• @Ribs said: They killed off like 3 main characters in the third one, isn't that right? Plus Frasier was beast for some reason.

I agree with that and i dont find casey grammer (or however you spell his name) A bad beast!!

The only thing i think was bad with the 3rd and 2nd film is that they were to fast paced...

• They included a way back for Professor X ,with the mindless body they talked about during lessons.

• The second film was still good but the third one went off the raisl.

• I just didn't like the third movie. It seemed to have 2 plots going at once that conflicted. And Dark Phoenix is way more powerful in the comics. Not that it makes a movie good or bad but it still bugged me. I do wana see X men first class though.

• The third one was alright, but it wasn't as focused as the other two, and suffers in comparison. It's a perfectly fine film, but given how brilliant the first two were, it was a letdown to many. And I understand that.

Last Stand did a lot of very questionable things. The many deaths, for one, which would leave anyone writing a sequel in a tricky situation. It's hard to follow up a film that wasn't that well received and now has half the cast it used to.

There was also the frankly stupid idea to let Halle Berry have more screen time. God she was terrible in these films. Terrible.

Also, regarding Professor X: Yes, he's now in the body of a previously brain-dead person, but he can't access his powers anymore because they were in his old body. So he's just a guy now, not a mutant. Which is... yeah, you can see why they thought it best to avoid delving into that in a franchise centered around mutants.

• @Darth Marsden said:
    There was also the frankly stupid idea to let Halle Berry have more screen time. God she was terrible in these films. Terrible.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a clear reason but most of the time she had no plot reason to have more scenes. And she had no chemistry with Wolverine it was just like there work mates who rarely spend alone time.

Add Comment