User Avatar Image

Death To Hollywood!!!!!!!!

posted by Lonnie on - last edited - Viewed by 482 users

Seriously, from looking at the list of future films coming out of Hollywood on IMDB, most are remakes and just utter garbage.

The future of film from these money grabbing con artists is a joke.

I mean, a remake of Total Recall? WHY??????

I wish they would just implode.

Nothing that comes out today is worth my time at all. All the movies that were highly rated and ass kissed by people like The Dark Knight and Inception.......yawn.

Heres the box office crap out at the moment:

1. The Hangover Part II $85.9M
2. Kung Fu Panda 2 $47.7M
3. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides $39.8M
4. Bridesmaids $16.6M
5. Thor $9.53M


This really is a shit decade for films. You can tell me that there were 90's and 80's films that sucked too but at least they were made with some heart and creativity and didnt rely on CGI, perfect looking people and mundane story lines.

62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Lonnie said: I mean, a remake of Total Recall? WHY??????



    Because this time they have money for a chick with 5 boobs. Just imagine that!

    total-recall-3-boobs.jpg
    PS: That is the only scene I remember from that movie and I still wonder why.

    Yes current cinema is shit but most movies in the past haven't been better. It's mostly nostalgia (like the movie on your avatar) or remembering the good movies and forgetting about the crap ones.

  • Yeah, Hollywood sucks... what else is new? I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't ecstatic for The Thing prequel this October and Prometheus next Summer. Also, I don't blame Hollywood for the dire state it's in, I blame the schmucks who spend their money buying tickets for the excrement that Hollywood produces. You want a change, simple; don't pay to watch garbage and instead seek out and support films with artistic integrity.

  • We all loved the 3 boobed babe hehe. Its more than nostalgia tho man, past movies were made with creativity. all we have now is a set formula of CGI based turds.

  • @der_ketzer said: Yes current cinema is shit but most movies in the past haven't been better. It's mostly nostalgia (like the movie on your avatar) or remembering the good movies and forgetting about the crap ones.



    I feel that I must say that I do think that an over-reliance on CGI these days has made things worse, visually at least. However, your statement certainly rings the bell of truth with great aplomb.

    @der_ketzer said: Its more than nostalgia tho man, past movies were made with creativity. all we have now is a set formula of CGI based turds.

    Whilst there is some truth to what you say, none the less that's a sweeping generalisation.

    @der_ketzer said: total-recall-3-boobs.jpg

    Surely you should have used puppies to cover those... puppies! The cat should be placed lower down!

  • @Davies said: Yeah, Hollywood sucks... what else is new? I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't ecstatic for The Thing prequel this October and Prometheus next Summer. Also, I don't blame Hollywood for the dire state it's in, I blame the schmucks who spend their money buying tickets for the excrement that Hollywood produces. You want a change, simple; don't pay to watch garbage and instead seek out and support films with artistic integrity. Problem solved.



    Well yes you are right its the losers who pay to see the garbage but the problem isnt solved is it If only a small percentage of us 'seek out and support films with artistic integrity'.

    My biggest concern is why the masses dont stop and think "wtf is this shit im not happy with the way films are today" they just consume and consume.

    And all this gimmicky HD bullshit. I'd happily watch a film in 360p if it had a good storyline and was character driven.

  • @Davies said: Whilst there is some truth to what you say, none the less that's a sweeping generalisation.



    Ok, give me some movies you think totally suck from the 90's or 80's and I will compare them with the shitty ones of today, I can guarantee the old ones would fair better.

  • @Lonnie said: My biggest concern is why the masses dont stop and think "wtf is this shit im not happy with the way films are today" they just consume and consume.



    Well, that's easy to answer... most people are either ignorant to the quality that's available outside of the mainstream or are just plain shallow and are quite happy to watch nothing other than a series of explosions and one liners for the entirety of their life. Also, there's moments when even the deepest of souls just want to watch a movie where one can leave their brain at the door from time to time.

    @Lonnie said: And all this gimmicky HD bullshit. I'd happily watch a film in 360p if it had a good storyline and was character driven.

    Of course HD isn't necessary to watching a great film but to dismiss HD as "gimmicky bullshit" is well... bullshit. Try watching Blade Runner on Blu-ray and then tell me that it doesn't enhance the experience. Go on, I dare you. 3D on the other hand...

    @Lonnie said: Ok, give me some movies you think totally suck from the 90's or 80's and I will compare them with the shitty ones of today, I can guarantee the old ones would fair better.

    Okay, that's utter garbage you're sprouting now. I could produce a list to counter your nonsensical argument but frankly I've got better things to do.

  • @Lonnie said: We all loved the 3 boobed babe hehe. Its more than nostalgia tho man, past movies were made with creativity. all we have now is a set formula of CGI based turds.



    I can agree on that completely. Movies in earlier days were more imaginative and I would choose puppet Yoda over CGI-Yoda anytime.

  • @Lonnie said: Cheese on toast.



    That's your response? Okay, I admit it; you've defeated me. How can I possibly counter that powerful argument of truth?!

    @Lonnie said: I can agree on that completely. Movies in earlier days were more imaginative and I would choose puppet Yoda over CGI-Yoda anytime.

    Visual effects were generally much more imaginative before the influx of CGI hit and in that respect; yes, films were more creative back in the day because they had to be (due to a limitation of tools). However, very little of this has any bearing upon story, character and dialogue... you know, the script!

This discussion has been closed.