58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • "Replacing the cast of the series" is a weird way to put it. Nobody is being replaced. The game world is based off of the canon and timeline of the comics, so while the game is focused on telling someone else's story, if a character is around in the comics universe, they are most likely alive and wandering around somewhere in the game universe. That doesn't necessarily mean you'll run into them or that they cross paths with the game's story (though there are some familiar faces) but in terms of the world's story continuity, they're out there alive somewhere.

• User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator

Whoops - I was typing this fast, but I did understand what the article meant however.

• hmmm... I really like this.. its like getting a new story.. without re-hashing the existing story... I wouldn't mind running into the comics characters though.

• The way Telltale is going with this makes sense to me.

• Good because there are so many problems with having the same cast.
    1.Less drama since it has to be with the comics so you cant kill anyone else without explaining it to the comic buyers that dont get the game
    2.It gets obvious that new characters will either leave or die, and with this series... they will most likely die.
    3.Hard for the comics to be released monthly as well.

This on the otherhand is a much better approach.

• I heard somewhere that the gameplay is going to represent that of the Jurassic Park like gameplay, is that true?

• The gameplay in Walking Dead is not something we're talking about much yet, but that is because it's not just a carbon copy of something we've done before.

• @Jake said: The gameplay in Walking Dead is not something we're talking about much yet, but that is because it's not just a carbon copy of something we've done before.

Understandable.

• @Jake said: The gameplay in Walking Dead is not something we're talking about much yet, but that is because it's not just a carbon copy of something we've done before.

Hmm. So it's not a conventional Sam and Max-style point and click either, then?

Guess we've got to wait until Comic-Con.

• User Avatar Image
    seanvanaman Telltale Staff

Glad you guys are down with the direction -- it wasn't the obvious way to go and internally, Jake and I had to make a pretty hard sell.

Fingers crossed you like stuff as we release it!

This discussion has been closed.