User Avatar Image

Poll: Would you buy BTTF if a Season 2 is made?

posted by kyleontheweb on - last edited - Viewed by 3.6K users

This is a poll asking would you or would you not buy BTTF if a season 2 is made? There is also an undecided option.

This is prompted by this news here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/117/1174566p1.html
This news states that Telltale is open to creating more episodes if the fans are up for it.

Thanks for voting!

316 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I wouldn't, because Season 1 has been a massive failure.

• Ofcourse! People need to stop looking at this like its a game. Its not.

This is a continuation of the movies we will watch over and over for the rest of our lives.
    We are lucky to be this spoiled and have all the actors the creator and spirit of the films come together again 22 years later and give us this wonderful gift.

The only people who hate this are the ones who think of it as a game and have no real bond with the films.

What do these people expect The vice city mod??? yeh that would be a cool story lets go shoot everyone in hill valley, the end. pffft

• @jaispeed2011 said: I definitely would

I would buy it also. I personally have been enjoying Season 1 very much. I am sure that the fact that this series is one of my favorites in the movie genre affects my opinions of the game a lot, but I'm sure that's true of many fans of the game. So if Telltale provides more Back to the Future, I will buy it.

• [quote=elb1985;513238]...what do these people expect the vice city mod??? Yeh that would be a cool story lets go shoot everyone in hill valley, the end. Pffft[/quote]

lol!

• Yeah I would. Again mostly for the story.
    Still I would hope the puzzles would be better.
    As it is even Biff would think it's too easy. :rolleyes:

• I probably would but only because I'm such a huge Back to the Future fan. All I ask is they just make it more difficult, I mean for me Sam & Max was the perfect balance and I don't understand why they felt they had to dumb everything down so much with Bttf.

• I would too!! :D

Maybe the game is not as good as I would like, but the story rocks!

• @ELB1985 said:
    The only people who hate this are the ones who think of it as a game and have no real bond with the films.

That's a preposterous statement. I've been a big fan of the movies since when I first watched it at least 20 years ago. And many of the people on the forum who also are disappointed with the series also have ties with the movies.

That is however, no excuse for the poor quality of the adventure game, if it can even be called that.
    You are correct in that it is more of an interactive movie that you click your way through, it is the perfect example of how to not make a computer game.
    Yet if this were to be a movie the story would still be extremely weak. The story line is forced forwards time and time again, with no regards to natural story progression.
    They make ridicilous justifications to explain certain elements. Like this: Oh and by the way, the Delorean got cloned way back when which is how it appeared exactly where you were in 1986 in broad daylight even though it got destroyed by that train in October 1985.

So don't tell me that the story is good because it's just some crap that's been put together because the FANBOYS absolutely wanted the Delorean and teenage Marty to be featured, and TTG was too afraid to actually create something unique and original.

And also this is neither a puzzle game nor an adventure game. The puzzles can be solved by mindlessly clicking anything and trying out all the item combinations (which doesn't take long). That's a big no-no when designing puzzles and you don't create a game like that unless you intend for it to be played by monkeys.
    There is no opportunity to explore whatsoever, you are in an extremely small sandbox at all times you can't do anything that veers from the very linear and uninteresting storyline. That's a big no-no when designing an adventure game and you don't create a game like that unless you intend for it to be played by monkeys.

Now, the movies that were made back in the 80s, those are creative masterpieces that were way ahead of their time. I've always loved those films. But this game is an affront to those movies and I'm not going to be able to enjoy the films in the same way ever again I believe, because TTG has now stained them beyond repair by giving us a pre-school tool with a "Back to the Future" label on it and charging us 30 bucks for it.

• @ELB1985 said: Ofcourse! People need to stop looking at this like its a game. Its not.

It's weird, but I could have sworn that the banner at the top of this very forum refers to it as Back to the Future: The Game.

Look, dude. If you're enjoying BTTF despite it being a very flawed game, that's great. Clearly you're loving the story. I love the films, but I'm not finding the story/dialogue up to snuff, personally. But whatever. You can absolutely love the story, but don't try to tell us that we're wrong for expecting Back to the Future: The Game to be a decent game, especially when it's being made by a company that's done some really great games in the past.

As for whether or not I'd buy another season, I would wait on reviews as opposed to pre-ordering this time.

Add Comment