User Avatar Image

harry potter back to back showings!

posted by dumpling321 on - last edited - Viewed by 548 users

A local theater is showing all 8 harry potter movies back to back here... Is anyone else planning on doing something like this? or am i just completly insane xDD

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Is it physically possible to sit through all of them at once?

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

@Pony Bone said: Is it physically possible to sit through all of them at once?

This.

It would be extremely tiresome experience at home, that's probably around 24 hours of movie time. Now imagine doing that in front of a huge screen with some serious sound blasting around you.

halolz-dot-com-teamfortress2-nope.avi-ob

• they're showing it at the city's mega screen... a screen 3 times the size of a normal screen... and deathly hallows part 2 is in 3D =D

• Maybe I'll try watching one movie a night for the week leading up to it. I've been giving the books a fourth run for about a month and a half, and I'm about halfway through Goblet of Fire, so maybe I'll manage to wrap everything up in mid-July.

• I can see the appeal for a keen fan - plus it would give you a good refresher on characters and story - and probably easier to spot the plot flaws between the movies (considering they had to omit quite a few subplots from the books).

However, 24 hours straight of movies in a cinema is very bad for your body/mind/soul/bladder/neck/bowels/sanity. Doing the 12-hour Lord of the Rings Marathon is bad enough without being able to pause for loo breaks.

• It needs to be organized properly, then it could be quite awesome to do something like this.

• The theatre near my house is showing the first movie one week, then the second during the following week and so on until the release of Part 2. I couldn't imagine sitting through them all in one go.

• I would say there would be an interval of sorts between films, maybe half an hour between sessions? I don't think Australia has a marathon like this, just the one a week thing. I do plan to do a complete run through of all the films when part 2 comes out on DVD (which I'm guessing will be some time around Christmas).

• The Imax in London is showing two over night marathons of the harry potter films. I think it would wuite fun going just to see how long I last :)

• @OzzieMonkey said: I would say there would be an interval of sorts between films, maybe half an hour between sessions? I don't think Australia has a marathon like this, just the one a week thing. I do plan to do a complete fun through of all the films when part 2 comes out on DVD (which I'm guessing will be some time around Christmas).

I think they generally have a 20-30 minute break between films... It wouldn't be possible to survive it otherwise...

Add Comment