15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's already out on GameTap*, so it's probably real ;)

*Telltale and GameTap has an agreement that GameTap gets the game 2 weeks before it hits worldwide.

• It may or may not be correct, you'll find out soon. :)

• I didn't realize there were such in-depth / spoilery plots up on Wikipedia. Not sure how I feel about that... what do you guys think? Should the plots be described in such detail on Wikipedia?

• It's Wikipedia, they have everything. :( In any case, I won't confirm or deny any of it. I could, but I wont. :p

• They have spoiler warnings, so... whatever.

On the other hand, anyone can edit wikipedia, so if anyone on the Telltale team wanted to tweak it, they could.

• Wikipedia doesn't much like it when people edit articles about themselves, especially to remove information.

• @Emily said: I didn't realize there were such in-depth / spoilery plots up on Wikipedia. Not sure how I feel about that... what do you guys think? Should the plots be described in such detail on Wikipedia?

That's what one get when certain people are allowed to play a game sooner than others.

Sorry, but I just had to say it. I'll be quiet now ;)

• I understand the telltale/gametap business relationship, but I have to agree with marsan on that comment.

• I think it's great that Wikipedia has descriptions of plots. They're clearly marked with a spoiler warning, and extremely useful for reference. For instance, if someone's talking about a movie I haven't heard about and don't plan to see, I can check with Wikipedia to at least get an idea what they're on about. Likewise, I can check whether a game or movie is really for me if the reviews don't give solace, by glancing over the plot, even if just the beginning.

• Yeah, but Telltale didn't really have much choice but to partner up with Gametap. It wouldn't be doing as well without the partnership, whether we like it or not. There are some inconveniences and drawbacks though. :(

If Season 2 is also in partnership with Gametap, I think Telltale will now be in a much better negociating position since Season 1 did so well for Gametap. Maybe there only be a 3 day or 7 day difference between releases next season? : /

Add Comment