User Avatar Image

Remake Jurassic Park and The Lost World (with Spielberg as Producer)

posted by Chariloe on - last edited - Viewed by 7.1K users

Somebody started a campaign that could actually be successful, but we need more people to participate.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Remake-Jurassic-Park-and-The-Lost-World-with-Spielberg-as-Producer/228708970475230

We must send letters to Universal (or e-mail the studio) and explain this brilliant idea:

If Universal is afraid to remake the JP movies (because of the Spielberg-fanboys who are so biased towards the original movie) then we have to convince Universal to GET SPIELBERG TO BE THE PRODUCER OF THE REMAKES. It might be the only way to convince the public that this project will be taken seriously.

"In Steve We Trust"

The posters for the remakes could even say: "STEVEN SPIELBERG PRESENTS" above the title, just like other movies he was only the producer of.

P.S.
If you don't like the term "remake," then just think of it as a "reboot" instead...because our motivation is more about the books than it is about Spielberg's films.

182 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • exactly how many people have done this so far???

• @SeanJP said: exactly how many people have done this so far???

We don't know for sure, because the people who liked the Facebook page probably did so w/o noticing the part about writing letters to Universal. BUT if they did notice, then that means at least 15 people have sent in letters to Universal in the last few days.

• i hope you are right by doing this and i wouldnt rly mind seeing a remak of the first and second movies i especially want to see the raptor chase with ellie in the book that wasnt really a chase in the movie

• @Chariloe said:
    We must send letters to Universal (or e-mail the studio) and explain this,

Letters are boring and unprofessional; the studio just won't take it seriously. What you really need to do is submit your ideas on baked goods like cupcakes. Everybody likes cupcakes. Each day we will ship Universal one new cupcake topped with original ideas like plot points, character castings, and test dialogue written in icing sugar. We can call it the "Cupcakes for Remakes" campaign. It's brilliant and delicious.

Let's get started! Who knows how to bake?

• me i know how to bake and who has nice penmanship???

• If they remake it....they HAVE to keep the dinosaur designs the same. I'm just the littlest bit apprehensive about this.

• It's too early for a remake. I want a part 4!!!!!

• It's too early for a remake.

No it isn't!

Spider-Man came out in 2002, and that's getting a remake in 2012, even though they're calling it a "reboot" (the Jurassic Park remake can be called the same thing).

Jurassic Park came out almost twice as long ago. So that amount of time can justify a remake.

I want a part 4!!!!!

Why did you put this in your post? Are you saying Universal can't make a remake and a part 4?

• I'd also rather prefer a remake in terms of visualizing the novel.
    As I already said in the "JP4 Thread" it would also be a sign to honor the work of Michael Crichton.
    2013 would be the 20th birthday of Jurassic Park. In general this would be a good date for a remake but I doubt it can be done in only 2 years from now on.

The movie Jurassic Park became popular not only because of the general interest in dinosaurs in the early 1990s but mostly because of the breathtaking CGI-animations at that time. For a remake we are now at a similar point concerning technology. CGI has already been maxed out during the last decade. But we are now at the very beginning of 3D technology. Using this a new Jurassic Park has again the chance to impress visually.

I'd like the remake of Jurassic Park to be set like it is in the original novel: 1989.
    Thus there should be used thereadays architecture, technical equipment, cars and fashion. The design of the dinosaurs should use the same bodyshape as in the original trilogy (mostly this doesn't contradict with the novel) but the rest (skin colors...) should be taken from the book.
    Jurassic Park would be a rather long movie, if we take all the scenes from the novel, so it should be split into two movies. The first film starts right off in the hospital in Bahia Anasco and ends directly after the T-Rex attack on the Land Cruisers.
    The second one takes off with Harding, Sattler and Gennaro meeting the Apatosaurs in the rain and ends in San José.

If this turns out to be liked by the audience they maybe could remake the novel "The Lost World" too.

All this I would rather prefer than a fourth movie.

• @Orange Intercouse said: No it isn't!

Spider-Man came out in 2002, and that's getting a remake in 2012, even though they're calling it a "reboot" (the Jurassic Park remake can be called the same thing).

Jurassic Park came out almost twice as long ago. So that amount of time can justify a remake.

Why did you put this in your post? Are you saying Universal can't make a remake and a part 4?

YES IT IS!! Spider Man did indeed come out in 2002 and I think it's a crap idea for them to reboot the series just because they feel that the third film was not as good as the first two. I enjoyed spiderman 3 and I loved the casting but now we have all new people and now we have to sit through the whole orgin story all over again. One word: BORING!!!!!

And no, you can't release a remake and a Jurassic Park 4 at them same time if that's what you're asking. But if its not, I'm just saying that I loved all three Jurassic Park films and I think there's still a lot left to be explored in the series without having to reboot the damn thing.

Add Comment