User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 21.2K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

516 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yes first post :)

    Anyway getting back on track I think this could be a good idea but it might be a bit harder than Jurassic park because you're put in dangerous situations less often in BTTF. Perhaps if they if they did it so that instead of dying, your actions in the past could cause alternate realities to come into exsistance. Although if this could end up with a game almost like Chrono trigger with the idea of different endings. But I think that would be a great idea too.

  • @itssas83 said:
    personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring.

    Totally agreed.

  • 1.Make the puzzles hard. You have a freaking hint system. The whole point of one is so if people get stuck on harder puzzles, so bump up the difficulty
    2.Work a bit on animations, Martys running animation was a little odd.
    3.No bugs. The glitches Rather Dashing found in episode 3 for straying a little off track or just bad.

  • @itssas83 said: personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring.

    Agreed!

  • Deaths, or some other sort of game over scenario, are fine with me. But I'm a big old-school Sierra fan, I'm not sure how the more casual audience that BTTF is courting would feel about it.

  • @Scnew said: Deaths, or some other sort of game over scenario, are fine with me. But I'm a big old-school Sierra fan, I'm not sure how the more casual audience that BTTF is courting would feel about it.

    Personally, I wouldn't care to much for that, I don't like those constant games that are Unwinnable by Design.

  • While the concept of different futures depending on your decisions in the past would be awesome, it's not likely it is very logistical given the fact that there's been continuity issues with respect to the name you choose for the main character.


    Nothing against telltale as these episodic point and click puzzle games are their bread and butter but there's so many awesome things you could do with a BTTF disc based game

  • @Ashki said: Personally, I wouldn't care to much for that, I don't like those constant games that are Unwinnable by Design.

    I don't mean they should ever be unwinnable. Preferably if you get yourself into a situation you can't get back to, it will restore you to a point in time where you can do something about it. I'm all for having dead ends, but can live without the old Sierra ability to unwittingly save yourself into a dead end permanently.

  • @Scnew said: I don't mean they should ever be unwinnable. Preferably if you get yourself into a situation you can't get back to, it will restore you to a point in time where you can do something about it. I'm all for having dead ends, but can live without the old Sierra ability to unwittingly save yourself into a dead end permanently.

    Like in Monkey Island 4, where destroying the space/time continuum just dumps you at the start of the maze before you created a paradox?

  • @Gman5852 said: 3.No bugs. The glitches Rather Dashing found in episode 3 for straying a little off track or just bad.

    Those sorts of glitches are in every game.

Add Comment