User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 24.4K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

607 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think also because one of the elements that made the originally so engaging in two of the three films is that a major plot element, and having to come up with this elabororate and perfectly timed plan that allows a set of circumstances to return.

This was an exciting development which served as the climax for the first and third films. The whole story built towards it. Being able to fix the past before the time came where you had to try and go back to the present. Without it, there isnt all that much at stake or sense of urgency.

[quote]Your right Marty is the main character and I'm not saying get rid of him or anything. But it might be interesting to be able to just play Doc for one level or something. Doc is a pretty main character as well after all. [/quote]
    Ok, Doc for a level might work. Jules and Verne for any amount of time, no. No, no, no, no, and no.

Back to the Future is a buddy film about Doc and Marty. Adding anyone else into the mix just doesn't work. Why do you think they got rid of Jennefer so quickly in the second film? Becuase the writers knew she had to be out of the picture to keep the Doc and Marty dynamic in the forefront.

• @GaryCXJk said: Okay, so, people want more time travel in BttF?

Despite the fact that the DeLorean in the original trilogy didn't have nearly as much time traveling in the three films combined as we have now in the game?

I think that putting the focus more on the time traveling would take away from the already thin plotline. There's a reason the original trilogy didn't feature nearly as much time traveling as we want in the games.

Well i think ppl simply want more time periods.
    episode 1; 1 time trave
    episode 2; 4 time travels
    episode 3; no time travel
    episode 4; 1 time travel on screen

and so far only 2 years have been shown.

Jules and verne are difficult from a logistical standpoint; with a BTTF game we knew it would involve changes to the timeline and the ripple effect. The problem being if the ripple effect prevents previous time travels (as the FCB timeline did), jules and verne no longer exist. Marty only gets erased if he causes something to happen with himself or an ancestor in the past.

• @GaryCXJk said: Okay, so, people want more time travel in BttF?

Despite the fact that the DeLorean in the original trilogy didn't have nearly as much time traveling in the three films combined as we have now in the game?

But most of that is traveling between the same two years.

The film series had twice as many different time periods as the game series. Though if you were to count all five episodes as a single movie, that comparison might be more fair.

@GaryCXJk said: Back to the Future is a buddy film about Doc and Marty. Adding anyone else into the mix just doesn't work. Why do you think they got rid of Jennefer so quickly in the second film? Becuase the writers knew she had to be out of the picture to keep the Doc and Marty dynamic in the forefront.

And it ended up being the weakest of the trilogy. Not that it means there's a direct correlation between those two things, just saying.

• @Tyrfing42 said:
    And it ended up being the weakest of the trilogy. Not that it means there's a direct correlation between those two things, just saying.

Then why say it?

• yes, as for the time travel comment i did pretty much mean toss us maybe one or two more timelines, but i guess from the sound of things we'll be getting a nice chase through time in episode 5 so that might wet the whistle for now...

as for jules and verne, just thoughts... i've said it was stupid from the start, but just thinking of the possibilities. I would just like to know them and let them grow up a bit. i don't want the game the turn into "The Animated Series: Part 2".

as for jennifer, i fully agree with giving her more time. Punk Jen breathed new life in an honestly kinda stale character. I hope we get more of her in episode 5, but there will be so much going on that i don't know if they will have enough time to elaborate on her any more than they have. just another reason for more seasons!!

• I myself in my own opinion want it to be the original trilogy itself. And if they dont include a Hill valley where you can do anything like in the gta mod in the OUTATIME Episode, it could be in a sequel. So post what you would want a sequel to BTTF The game to be about.

• I think we will be able to make more accurate predictions once the fifth episode is released but Bob Gale hinted before episode 1's release that a sequel game would involve the future more.

• This isn't the right game company to expect anything like the GTA mod. Especially not at a $20 price.

• I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say it will involve Marty and Doc, some time travel, Einstein, and trying to fix a problem.

Ok ok, I'm probably WAY off the mark. It has been a long morning.

• Id really like to see Marty stuck somehwere in time, and have to come up with some elaborate scheme to get back; like in movies 1 and 3. It was something that the whole film worked up to, and gave the plot a sense of urgency that Part 2 of the series lacked.

Add Comment