User Avatar Image

About the end...

posted by Scarlet Spider on - last edited - Viewed by 616 users

You're complaining about the 3 Martys, but if the space time continuum is tearing apart like Doc said, it's "logical" that all the timelines are crushing together no? So all the timelines are joined together in one, which is why the continuum is tearing apart. This is not totally illogical for me, but it's really a disaster. What's your point of view?

95 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • BTTF doesn't follow the laws of science!? OMG! OMG! Some one hit me in the head with a frying pan, I'm in shock!

• Err did I say something wrong? I don't know how to explain what I think.:(

• @Scarlet Spider said: You're complaining about the 3 Martys, but if the space time continuum is tearing apart like Doc said, it's "logical" that all the timelines are crushing together no? So all the timelines are joined together in one, which is why the continuum is tearing apart. This is not totally illogical for me, but it's really a disaster. What's your point of view?

I guess you could argue that since it's the future the rules are loose but the reality is there should only be one future hence why in part II doc returned to 2015 and saw the EXACT same events happening from his first trip. For instance FCB has faded out because his timeline is no more, he shouldn't be able to come back and cause trouble unless his timeline gets restored. My only theory is perhaps each marty comes from a different time; ie. one from 2034, one from 2035, one from 2036 and they all have their different philopophies. Or i guess with rejuvination clinics, they stop aging. Or you could argue that like doc, marty becomes a perpetual time travelller and thus enounters alternate versions of himself so it becomes a regular thing to run into future versions of himself.

• Actually I'm not sure if they're from different timeline or years, but at the end, the Punk rock Marty is arguing with the second because the timeline with Jennifer and her 12 children was already erased. That's confusing in fact.

• @Scarlet Spider said: Actually I'm not sure if they're from different timeline or years, but at the end, the Punk rock Marty is arguing with the second because the timeline with Jennifer and her 12 children was already erased. That's confusing in fact.

i guess it happened while he was time traveling hence why he remembers it.

• So Doc's solution to the universe tearing itself apart becuase of thier meddling is to ignore the problem while they time travel some more?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I think Doc's "catch up to the present" line answers everything. There are three Martys because there are three different time travelers from three different timelines traveling at the same time. The time ripple effect is now confirmed due to the timestream changes in 1931 catching up to Edna's DeLorean causing it to disappear.

So, once time caught up with the Martys, two of the Martys would disappear (or three if all of them are out of the timestream). This is the reason Doc just leaves with 1986 Marty. Since all of the Martys are worried about the timestream, none of them would change the past to endanger 1986 Marty. So Doc and Marty aren't needed there. Time will fix itself.

• Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

• It wouldnt have needed to be fixed if Doc wasn't screwing around with the universe in the first place. And after Doc and Marty just finished repairing the collossul screwups they caused, the smart thing would be to destroy the time machine. You know, the thing Doc was adovcating throughout the whole series for this very reason?

• But what im wondering is how did all the alterfuture Martys get there and A BLUE deloran?

Add Comment