User Avatar Image

List of all BTTF Timelines

posted by MichaelJ Fox isAntarctian on - last edited - Viewed by 217 users

Iv'e made a list here that shows a complete list of all the timelines that were created. ( i didn't copy that other thread, i never even knew it existed)

Timeline 1: Origonal timeline, where George is bullied by Biff
Timeline 2: Timeline ceated by marty when he accidentally goes back to 1955
Timeline 3: When Doc goes into 2015 after he frops Marty off at his house
Timeline 4: Doc takes Marty, and Jennifer to 2015 to save their kids
Timeline 5 (1985-A): When Biff steals the Delorean and gives himself the almanac in 1955
Timeline 6: Marty and Doc go back to 1955 to steal the almanac from Biff
Timeline 7: Doc arrives (accidentaly) in 1885
Timeline 8: Marty goes back to 1885 to rescue Doc
Timeline 9: Doc come back to 1985 to pick up Einstein

(Doc probabbly changed the timeline a buch in between, and in the animated series, but we'll leave that out)

Timeline 10: Doc goes to 1931 to find out about the seakeasy arsonist.
Timeline 11: Marty goes back to 1931 to rescue Doc, and accidentally creates Citizen Brown Timeline, which is still, theoretically part of this timeline.
Timeline 12: Marty goes into Citizen Brown timeline and gets the help of Citizen Brown to fix the delorean.
Timeline 13: Marty and Citizen Brwon go to 1931 to fix the timeline.
Timeline 14: Edna goes to 1876 and burns down Hill Valley
Timeline 15: Doc and Marty go to 1876 to fix everything
Timeline 16: Doc and Marty bring Edna back to 1931
Timeline 17: Doc and Marty return to 1986
Timeline 18: Marty's come to 1986 and tell Doc to come with them
Timeline 19 (present): Doc and Marty head off to some unknown destination.

I probabbly forgot some parts, heres a better list: http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_timeline
It dosent include the BTTF game timelines though.

9 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You forgot about the timeline where Edna destroyed Hill Valley.

  • You forgot about the Tannen Timeline in 1986.

  • @EverydayNormalGuy said: You forgot about the Tannen Timeline in 1986.


    How did Marty create that timeline? I forgot

  • When Marty had Artie go into hiding, it lead to neither Trixie or Officer Parker turning in Kid Tannen - so that Kid of that timeline never went to jail.

  • @MichaelJ Fox isAntarctian said: anybody?





    Episode 2 of the game, I think. Remember, Marty goes back "home", Biff has two brothers, George is in a wheelchair and his parents are scared ****less of the Tannens who, apparently, run Hill Valley?


    Edit: Derp, nevermind. I think it was created as bttf4444 said.

  • @MichaelJ Fox isAntarctian said: Timeline 3: When Doc goes into 2015 after he frops Marty off at his house

    Timeline 12: Marty goes into Citizen Brown timeline and gets the help of Citizen Brown to fix the delorean.

    Timeline 16: Doc and Marty bring Edna back to 1931
    Timeline 17: Doc and Marty return to 1986



    Trips to the future do not create new timelines. Only trips to the past do.

  • @bttf4444 said: Trips to the future do not create new timelines. Only trips to the past do.


    Well when the Delorean appears in the future, it creates a new timeline, however minor, because in the other timeline, the delorean, wouldn't be there, but since it is there, then it creates a new timeline.

  • @MichaelJ Fox isAntarctian said: Iv'e made a list here that shows a complete list of all the timelines that were created. ( i didn't copy that other thread, i never even knew it existed)

    Timeline 1: Origonal timeline, where George is bullied by Biff
    Timeline 2: Timeline ceated by marty when he accidentally goes back to 1955
    Timeline 3: When Doc goes into 2015 after he frops Marty off at his house
    Timeline 4: Doc takes Marty, and Jennifer to 2015 to save their kids
    Timeline 5 (1985-A): When Biff steals the Delorean and gives himself the almanac in 1955
    Timeline 6: Marty and Doc go back to 1955 to steal the almanac from Biff
    Timeline 7: Doc arrives (accidentaly) in 1885
    Timeline 8: Marty goes back to 1885 to rescue Doc
    Timeline 9: Doc come back to 1985 to pick up Einstein

    (Doc probabbly changed the timeline a buch in between, and in the animated series, but we'll leave that out)

    Timeline 10: Doc goes to 1931 to find out about the seakeasy arsonist.
    Timeline 11: Marty goes back to 1931 to rescue Doc, and accidentally creates Citizen Brown Timeline, which is still, theoretically part of this timeline.
    Timeline 12: Marty goes into Citizen Brown timeline and gets the help of Citizen Brown to fix the delorean.
    Timeline 13: Marty and Citizen Brwon go to 1931 to fix the timeline.
    Timeline 14: Edna goes to 1876 and burns down Hill Valley
    Timeline 15: Doc and Marty go to 1876 to fix everything
    Timeline 16: Doc and Marty bring Edna back to 1931
    Timeline 17: Doc and Marty return to 1986
    Timeline 18: Marty's come to 1986 and tell Doc to come with them
    Timeline 19 (present): Doc and Marty head off to some unknown destination.

    I probabbly forgot some parts, heres a better list: http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_timeline
    It dosent include the BTTF game timelines though.



    Travelling into the future doesn't create a new timeline. At any point of time, individuals, time traveller's included, have free will. If Marty decides to stay in 1986, for example, he will stay there...if he decides to jump to 2015, he will do that...both are equally valid possibilities at any of time in a particular timeline...if he jumps to 2015, sees his future, and then jumps BACK to 1986 and does things to change that future, THAT causes a new timeline...because he is changing events which have already transpired from his POV (having been in the future).

    That said, this is my list of timelines-

    BTTF Movie Timelines-

    Timeline 1/Twin Pines: Original timeline, where George is a loser
    Timeline 2/Lone Pine: Timeline caused by Marty's first trip to the 1955
    Timeline 3/Lone Pine: Timeline caused by Doc returning to 1985 to pick up Marty and Jennifer and bring them to 2015
    Timeline 4/Almanac: Timeline caused by Old Biff going to 1955 and giving teenage Biff the Almanac
    Timeline 5/Almanac: Timeline caused by Marty, Doc and Jennifer travelling back to 1985-A from 2015-A.
    Timeline 6/Clayton: Timeline caused by Marty and Doc returning to 1955 to destroy the Almanac
    Timeline 7/Shonash: Timeline caused by Doc being sent back to 1885, and in which he is shot by Bufford Tannen
    Timeline 8/Eastwood: Timeline caused by Marty going back to 1885 to save Doc
    Timeline 9/Eastwood: Timeline caused by Doc, Clara and the kids jumping back to 1985 in the train time machine, from some point in the future, to visit Marty and Jennifer

    Now, its likely Doc did a lot of time travelling between the movies and The Game, so I'll just start over from Timeline 1 while numbering the timelines in the game (or rather, Timeline 0, which serves as the 'original timeline' in the context of the Game).

    Timeline 0: Original timeline (sort of), incorporating ALL previous time jumps and timeline changes, but in which neither Marty nor Doc is present in 1931
    Timeline 1: Doc travels back to 1931, is imprisoned as the speakeasy arsonist, and killed by Kid Tannen's goons
    Timeline 2: Marty travels back to 1931 and saves Doc; Arthur McFly is destined to be beaten to death the next day
    Timeline 3: Marty travels back 6 hours and saves Arthur McFly; Arthur goes into hiding, Kid Tannen is never arrested, and the Tannen Mob takes over Hill Valley
    Timeline 4: Marty and Doc travel back to 1931 to ensure Kid Tannen is arrested; Edna and Emmett fall in love, resulting in the First Citizen Brown timeline
    Timeline 5: Marty and FCB Doc travel back to 1931; ultimately results in Emmett and Edna's romance ending and Emmett having better relations with his father
    Timeline 6: The 'new' (Timeline 5) Doc travels back to 1931 to meet Marty, whom he now remembers meeting as a teenager.
    Timeline 7: Edna travels back to 1876 and burns down Hill Valley
    Timeline 8: Marty and Doc travel back to 1876 and prevent Hill Valley's destruction
    Timeline 9: Marty's from three possible futures travel back to 1986 to meet Marty and Doc

Add Comment