User Avatar Image

Query about the comic books (SPOILERS)

posted by Masta23 on - last edited - Viewed by 939 users

I am a bit confused. How did Julie come back as a zombie, when she wasn't even bitten. She was only shot. I have only just got to this section of the book. Is this explained later?

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think that particular issue is placed there as a revelation for the characters and the reader--you don't have to be bitten to become a zombie, you'll automatically turn after you die. I don't think it's been explained outside of that, though.

• @allaboardfilms said: I think that particular issue is placed there as a revelation for the characters and the reader--you don't have to be bitten to become a zombie, you'll automatically turn after you die. I don't think it's been explained outside of that, though.

yes that's what I found very odd. I have never heard of that happening in any zombie film. Why you automatically become infected when you die is a mystery. When Shane was shot earlier on, he didn't turn.. they buried him. Wouldn't he have climbed out of his grave or something?
    Anyway I'm loving this compendium. At first I thought that maybe it might bother me that it is black and white, but it suits it well.

• You don't become infected when you die, they are all already infected as they are living. How all society become infected, we don't know.

This infection turn people into zombies once they re dead. How much it takes for one dead person to become active again it seems to differ from people to people. For some it takes minutes, other hours, others more.
    The zombie bite, on the other hand, what it does is to produce some quick and lethal fever that eventually kills that person. And since that person was already infected it becomes a zombie.

• Yeah.. I think the characters have talked about how they are all most likely already infected.... It would be pretty scary if you think about it.

• @Masta23 said: yes that's what I found very odd. I have never heard of that happening in any zombie film. Why you automatically become infected when you die is a mystery. When Shane was shot earlier on, he didn't turn.. they buried him. Wouldn't he have climbed out of his grave or something?
    Anyway I'm loving this compendium. At first I thought that maybe it might bother me that it is black and white, but it suits it well.

Actually, this is how the zombies work in the original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and the other Romero zombie films. If you haven't seen them, you really should--they're awesome. :)

• User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Staff

@TTG - Caleb said: Actually, this is how the zombies work in the original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and the other Romero zombie films. If you haven't seen them, you really should--they're awesome. :)

As well as the awesome indie film Fido which I highly recommend!

• Yeah the Romero films are THE go to Zombie movies for anyone in doubt of the genre.

SOME of the remakes are pretty decent too. My fave of the remakes is the 1990 Tom Savini remake of the original...

This discussion has been closed.