User Avatar Image

Hector on ipad doesn't save

posted by silent_bob on - last edited - Viewed by 202 users

When exiting/minimizing Hector Ep 1 HD on ipad2, the game doesn't save the progress and restarts at the beginning. additionally, there doesn't seem to be a menu/save game button. What can I do?

7 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @silent_bob said: When exiting/minimizing Hector Ep 1 HD on ipad2, the game doesn't save the progress and restarts at the beginning. additionally, there doesn't seem to be a menu/save game button. What can I do?



    I ran into this bug twice,

    I ran into an issue in the porn shop where the game froze. I restarted the game and my save reset to the start of the game. very disappointing. Please fix this so I can have confidence I can make it through the game without having to constantly start over.

  • and its not very comforting that this issue has been on the support section since the beginning of july and no support reps have responded yet.

  • I've just bought Hector1 which I'm running on an iPad1 and it doesn't save progress and there's no save option either. It's quite worrying to see these old posts about this problem.

    It needs a bug fix since your still selling it.

    It's a great game, don't get me wrong, but I'm not intending to play all the way through it in one sitting and I'm getting sick of replaying the earlier stages as it is.

  • I have the same problem. Hector lite episode 1 and the game never saves.

    I have got to the front of the police station office but every time I exit and restart the game starts from the very beginning again.

  • @Clegsr said: I have the same problem. Hector lite episode 1 and the game never saves.

    I have got to the front of the police station office but every time I exit and restart the game starts from the very beginning again.



    That sounds like normal behaviour for a lite version, which is just basically a free short demo so it's likely that saving isn't implemented in it.

  • @corruptbiggins said: That sounds like normal behaviour for a lite version, which is just basically a free short demo so it's likely that saving isn't implemented in it.



    I doubt it because the game is impossible to play without save points otherwise you are just endlessly repeating the same actions which is not much fun.

    I like the game but suspect it is a bug on the iPad version and I don't want to buy the full version in case it has the same bug.

  • @Clegsr said: I doubt it because the game is impossible to play without save points otherwise you are just endlessly repeating the same actions which is not much fun.

    I like the game but suspect it is a bug on the iPad version and I don't want to buy the full version in case it has the same bug.



    Well the point is that the lite version is just a demo and as such you would not be able to complete the full episode. It's just designed to give you a taste of what the game is like before you make a purchase. In most demos I've played saving is disabled, and though I've not played any Lite versions I would guess that it's the same.

Add Comment