User Avatar Image

Anyone know where I can find the comics?

posted by Leplaya on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

I have been searching high and low for the walking dead comics, but it seems to be a hot seller in my neighborhood since I cant find a copy of it. So anyone know where I can find the comics? I would like to read the comics before I play the game.

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I bought mine from amazon. Buy compilation 1 to get you started.. it is really good.

  • @Ribs said: ...a Bookstore?

    Yeah I'm kinda curious where this high and low that he searched was, exactly...

  • Just go to your local bookstore, preferably Barnes and Noble. Thanks to the TV show they keep TPBs of The Walking Dead pretty well-stocked.

  • Well I'm loving this but any idea when compilation 2 will be out? If it's too long then I don't know if I'd feel like waiting. How often does a new issue get released?

  • @Masta23 said: Well I'm loving this but any idea when compilation 2 will be out? If it's too long then I don't know if I'd feel like waiting. How often does a new issue get released?

    New single issues come out about once a month. Sometimes a little faster, sometimes a little slower. Issue #86 is the most recent so it will probably be about 2 years until a new Compilation is released. You may want to switch to the smaller trades that contain about 6 issues each if you can't wait that long.

  • @Darthcolin said: New single issues come out about once a month. Sometimes a little faster, sometimes a little slower. Issue #86 is the most recent so it will probably be about 2 years until a new Compilation is released. You may want to switch to the smaller trades that contain about 6 issues each if you can't wait that long.


    Think I will. I am hooked and 2 years is a long time to wait. Is it possible to buy the issues individually? or do you have to wait for the volume?

  • I've bought volumes 9,10,11,12,13 and 14 now. Vol 15 is out in October right?
    I also hear of a trilogy of novels being released, which gives a backstory of the governor. That sounds interesting.

  • @Masta23 said: I also hear of a trilogy of novels being released, which gives a backstory of the governor. That sounds interesting.

    Yeah. First book is coming out in a few months. I can't bring myself to read it. I read that damn issue #48 once. I can never read it again. Having just become a dad, it hit me too hard. It's such a cruel comic book. I hated Kirkman for a few weeks after that. As if the events in #46 weren't bad enough... Damn.

    I absolutely hate the Governor. In that way, I suppose he is a well-written villain. Few characters and stories have affected me as much in comics and novels. But it's a ride I've been on once, I will bear the mark forever, and I don't want to do it again. I guess you could say The Walking Dead is a very, VERY, effective story.

This discussion has been closed.