User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Special Editions coming to stores (in Europe)

posted by Threepwood4Life on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users

from xbox360achievements.org

Activision has announced that it's set to publish the Monkey Island Special Edition Collection for release later this year, bundling The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition and Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge into one neat package with additional bonus content from the Lucasarts vault.

Both games will be available in their entirety on the retail disc, with remastered HD graphics, the remastered score, full voiceover and a hints system to help you out should you get stuck. And yes, you'll still be able to seamlessly switch between the classic and HD versions of the game at the touch of a button, and you'll still get the commentary from creators Tim Schafer, Ron Gilbert and Dave Grossman on Monkey Island 2.

Both full games will come with new, newver-before-seen bonus content on the disc too, including environment and character concept art from the Special Editions and the original and re-recorded soundtracks. There'll also be storyboards and concept art from an Industrial Light & Magic animated Monkey Island movie that never saw the light of day.

Monkey Island Special Edition Collection will be flying the Jolly Roger and setting sail to retail stores on September 9th, 2011. If you can't wait that long though, you could always download the games from the Xbox Live Arcade for 800 Microsoft Points each.

Best news ever and good to see LucasArts MI back in stores.

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Play.com has Monkey Island SE collection for Pre Order. and heres the list of features it has.

[LIST]
    [*]Play them again for the first time with signature Special Edition features:
    [*]All new re-imagined contemporary art style presented in glorious HD detail
    [*]Renewed music score using live instruments
    [*]Complete voice over that brings the story and characters to life like never before
    [*]Scene-for-scene hot swap between special edition and classic modes
    [*]Plus, an in-game puzzle hint system keeps the puzzles fresh and fun
    [*]Includes unique all new Special Edition features:
    [*]Intuitive direct-character controls provide a more interactive gameplay experience
    [*]Interactive object highlights provide quicker clues for useful objects
    [*]Scene-for-scene Creator commentary by Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer chronicling the original development of Monkey Island 2
    [*]Plus, an in-game art viewer provides a glimpse of the fantastic artwork generated for the classic and Special Edition games
    [*]Plus, special bonus content including never-before-released "making of" materials and your own Monkey Island avatar code:
    [*]Unreleased concept art from both original and SE versions of each game
    [*]Making of webdocs and CG Trailer
    [*]Full length remastered game soundtracks
    [*]Complete director commentary with Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer and Dave Grossman
    [*]ILM animated film storyboard
    [*]Avatar codes
    [/LIST]

• If this doesn't come out stateside.. I will lose all faith in humanity..

• I pre ordered it! Heres the UK cover cos the Spanish one is the most common when you look for images.

21404336_300x300_1.jpg

• There shouldnt be a problem with buying the UK version for PC if it isnt released outside of Europe, since PC games have no region.

• I will do that if I have to... but I was hoping for a PS3 copy as well as a PC copy...

• So I'm assuming since this is a European release, this would include Australia & New Zealand as well? Since we are PAL regions as well...

And it is about time the mac users get a bit of love too.

...But other than that, I'm quite happy about it all. :D

• Monkey island Special Edition Collection for my PC and PS3, sounds awesome. But something worries me. :(

The monkey island special edition download content only had english speech, and german subtitles. I'm german. So will the retail disc version of this package finally have german speech, or only subtitles once again? That would be stupid. I mean, I own the classic versions of SOMI and Le Chucks Revenge anyway.

The HD graphics are beautiful, but thats not enough to convince me of buying that thing. I want to enjoy it, with german speech. Why should somebody rerelease a game as a remastered version/special edition, when people from foreign countries only get subtitles anyway? :eek: For me the speech seems to be the even more important reason to buy it. Even more important than the hd graphic.

Does anyone have information about that? I can't find anything. Amazon says: "Language:German"

Thats fine, but if you mean "german subtitles" i will feel cheated :mad:

• Mit ziemlicher Sicherheit wird keine deutsche Sprachausgabe dabei sein... ich habe mal bei Norman Matt (Guybrushs deutscher Stimme) nachgefragt, und er wurde jedenfalls nicht für Sprachaufnahmen angefragt.

Seltsamerweise steht auf dem deutschen Cover "Komplett in Deutsch", was aber vermutlich nur übermäßig optimistisch oder einfach falsch war.

Add Comment