User Avatar Image

Family Guy Parody in Part 3?

posted by mlrockrules on - last edited - Viewed by 167 users

I'm replaying "Lair of the Leviathan" and I noticed that when Guybrush asks Winslow to help him revive Morgan, Winslow mentions that it reminds him of a time when something happens. Guybrush immediately cuts Winslow off before Winslow can say what the event was. Is this a parody of Family Guy's famous (or infamous) use of cutaway gags for comedy, many of which start with a character saying something in a similar vein to what Winslow said?

2 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't think so.

Then again, the "cutting off before flashback" is pretty used in some cartoons. :)

• @mlrockrules said: I'm replaying "Lair of the Leviathan" and I noticed that when Guybrush asks Winslow to help him revive Morgan, Winslow mentions that it reminds him of a time when something happens. Guybrush immediately cuts Winslow off before Winslow can say what the event was. Is this a parody of Family Guy's famous (or infamous) use of cutaway gags for comedy, many of which start with a character saying something in a similar vein to what Winslow said?

Family Guy uses the hell out of that joke, but the "that reminds me of..." flashback gag predates that show by probably a lifetime.

Add Comment