User Avatar Image

Trespasser 2?

posted by RexMaster on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Hello all! I am really sorry if I am not supposed to be starting this thread here, and if not please delete it or move it however you would like, but with lack of the well-needed information on the great Jurassic Park game coming from Telltale, I was hoping that I could get some opinions and also help keep the community around for whatever news on the Jurassic Park game that is coming soon.
Anyway, most of you Jurassic Park fans may have heard of the amazing game, Jurassic Park: Trespasser, which was released in 1998, from me or someone else in Telltale's Jurassic Park community. If you have, then you probalbly know just how badly that this game "failed" after three years of hype because of low-budget, buggy gameplay, and lack of communication between the games designers. My question for you guys, is that, if you know of this game (or knew of it back when it was being rumored to be one of the greatest games ever, before its release), would you guys enjoy and buy a great remake from Universal, and what would you guys want to see in this game? I personally would buy it and I would want to see a game with the same story line as the last one, with today's graphics, amazing AI, more dinosaur species, less weapons (to make it more of an adventure game and less of a FPS like Telltale is trying and like the original Trespasser was supposed to be like), more levels and areas, and an overall complete game this time. Lemme know what you guys think!

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think it would be awesome...It's just universal has to find the right people and I don't know if Universal will go through the trouble of remaking a failed gamed.(It failed to them. Not us)

• @Icedhope said: I think it would be awesome...It's just universal has to find the right people and I don't know if Universal will go through the trouble of remaking a failed gamed.(It failed to them. Not us)

Haha, I love the "it failed to them. not us". Its so true, actually. I think that they just need to realize how much potential it had, and yes, they would have to find the right people, and when trusting someone with the rights to Jurassic Park and The Lost World, its difficult who to choose. I think the best choice they made with the games based on JP was trusting Telltale, although Trespasser isnt a Telltale-type game, so I wouldn't really be happy with them doing a remake of Trespasser just because the first-person part wouldnt work for them. But I do love what they are doing with the franchise right now, and when they are done doing what we've waited for for so long (a good JP game), I think it is time for Universal to get a good team together to make an amazing remake of Trespasser, that will turn the eyes of the world back to Jurassic Park, and that will go down in history as one of the greatest games ever, like the first was supposed to!

• Trespasser was a pretty ambitious game at the time.. But you can tell at some point they just gave up... NOW... these types of games have been made many times.. the game engines and tech is in place.. all it needs is a developer to have faith in the project and take it all the way to completion...

Yes I would buy it on release day.. I would probably even take the day off from work to play it all day.

Games like Batman Arkham asylum prove that you can take a tired format and pour love and effort into it and it WILL be good....

• I would buy Trespasser on release day, no question. I loved that game to death and despite its flaws, was a great game. I loved the idea and the gameplay was unlike any other Jurassic Park games I've played. Jurassic Park has a giant fanbase and with all the Trespasser fans, it would be instant profit.

Add some more dinosaurs, give a variety of weapons/items to use to fend yourself (not shoot all dinosaurs in your path), the ability to travel to deserted aspects of Site B, better voice work and some easter eggs and you've got an amazing remake/sequel.

• I would buy it day one for sure. But the chances are pretty much zero! It would be a big expensive project, and the concept is very unusual, no Non-Stop-Modern warfare-Shooting-Action, it would be too risky despite of all the JP-Fans out there. Listen to John Carmack, its not about being creative, its about making money!

• @Martin McFly said: I would buy Trespasser on release day, no question. I loved that game to death and despite its flaws, was a great game. I loved the idea and the gameplay was unlike any other Jurassic Park games I've played. Jurassic Park has a giant fanbase and with all the Trespasser fans, it would be instant profit.

Add some more dinosaurs, give a variety of weapons/items to use to fend yourself (not shoot all dinosaurs in your path), the ability to travel to deserted aspects of Site B, better voice work and some easter eggs and you've got an amazing remake/sequel.

Good suggestions, and yes, the "not shoot at all the dinosaurs" part is sooo true. Also, it is real important, and that is why i respect Telltale's JP game so much, its because they arent making you shoot everything in your path like Rambo, so all of the people hating on that can go back to CoD. I dont like the button prompts too much for a Trespasser game but they are working pretty well for the Telltale JP game so far so lets see how it turns out.

@Martin McFly said: I would buy it day one for sure. But the chances are pretty much zero! It would be a big expensive project, and the concept is very unusual, no Non-Stop-Modern warfare-Shooting-Action, it would be too risky despite of all the JP-Fans out there. Listen to John Carmack, its not about being creative, its about making money!

It would be an expensive project and the chances are pretty much zero, but Universal is dying to get JP back to the front of every magazine so they are willing to work for it. This would make money just because if you guys remember how much the world wanted Trespasser (an adventure game) back then over all of the FPS games, I think it would work even better today. Maybe even throw in a multiplayer so people arent switching backk to CoD... :D

• You could consider the canceled Jurassic Park: Survival to be an unrelated sequel to Trespasser. Which dinosaurs would most likely be featured in this supposed sequel guys? Any new ones that you think would make it in?

• I would certainly buy a remake and a sequel of the game! I wanted to buy the original, but I just figured that it wasn't really worth it for being so obscure, and expensive. (At least where I buy my older games.) I'd like to see an end to the whole broken arm thing, (I just thought it looked stupid, when your holding a longer gun.) I'd also like to see mabey some cut scenes here and there, and I to get rid of the Utahraptor at the end. (You have the Velociraptors! You don't need to throw in their real life counter parts for the hell of it!) Multiplayer would be fun. (but not as the main selling point.)

• I loved Trespasser as a kid, but as far as realism goes, I never understood why there were so many Raptors. I'm sure someone counted them in the game, but holy mother... moreover, they had to be massacred for the most part. That was the only thing I never liked about the game: mass murder of the Velociraptors.

Anyway, I remember I used to envisage a sequel called 'Trespassers' (how original:)) where you'd be part of a team and every decision you make affects who survives. If you are good enough, you may be able to save everyone, but just as well you might be sole survivor.

But this is as far as I got.:D

• I've never played Trespasser, but I have watched Let's Play videos, and I have to say it was an awesome idea, in fact I so wish I could go back and purchase it. But my computer's too updated by now and I just don't trust downloading everything. ANYWAY! I'd like to see a remake of Trespasser in the form of an Arkham Assylum style game, and instead of just shooting dinosaurs, you can use the environment, play tricks to knock them out and everything.

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE, I think making Trespasser into a movie would suffice for JP3 instead of the story line they gave us.

And one more thing. If they ever did any of this, I would hope they took out the whole "My arm is broken" thing.

Add Comment