User Avatar Image

Comic Con 2011: Concept Art, Screenshot, Vanaman Talks

posted by Tjibbbe on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

Hi guys, I found this video interview with Vanaman, straight from Comic Con. They show some pretty sweet art in the background, including one screenshot (more media will be shown at the New York Comic Con). There's not a lot that's revealed right now, but all that talk about choices does sound very interesting. Can't wait to see more, this seems very different (in a good way) to Telltale's usual offerings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mdflubdzjU

Edit: More information here: http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/118/1183362p1.html

Sounds pretty great. Vanaman goes into a lot more detail about the kind of choices you get to make, and some of the scenarios you might encounter early on in the game. Can't wait!

54 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • http://vip.telltalegames.com/files/wd/images072111/

Wow. wow. wow. The concept art is fabulous. The screenshot is absolutely amazing!! I still can't believe this is an actual in game screenshot! I love the feel and direction this game is taking. Cannot wait!

• Thanks 5abanja, great find!

I'm really happy that you guys have gone with a more stylised look for the human characters. Can't wait to see some zombies. Looks bloody amazing.

• Wow, you managed to wake me up from sleepy lurking.

The screenshot is REALLY original... wonderful. :)

Please remember to put an actual, original game inside it. Back to the Future made me wary. :o

• The artstyle is incredible!

• OMG this is actually a screenshot of the game!!!!!!!

wdgamemotorinn.th.jpg

If this is the final game, it's the best graphic from Telltale.
    I'm a little bit worried about gameplay - BTTF scared me - and I really hope each episode will not last 30 minutes because it's so easy.

• Wait wait wait. Didnt I call it in an earlier thread there might be things that could change how each episode goes?

• That is an in-engine screenshot in the Telltale Tool! Full disclosure: The little girl was touched up a little bit after the fact by one of our artists because her in-game texture isn't as complete as the rest of the scene... but otherwise there's no trickery or cheating going on :).

We're not ready to talk about gameplay yet -- hopefully we'll have more to show at one of the other upcoming Summer conventions -- but it'll be different from BTTF.

• @Jake said: That is an in-engine screenshot in the Telltale Tool :) The little girl was touched up a little bit because her art isn't as complete as the rest of the scene but otherwise there's no trickery or cheating going on.

We're not ready to talk about gameplay yet -- hopefully we'll have more to show at one of the other upcoming Summer conventions -- but it'll be different from BTTF.

Rather Dashing will love that one part.
    And back to what I just earlier said
    @Jake said: That could go with my "you get to see the story unfold again, but people can die at different times depending on how you play" theory.
    But looking back, that would be really hard to do episodicaly.
    HA! I freaking called it in a way. It just wont be a characters death each time.I will be playing through this game multiple times.

• User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Staff

The matchup between that in-game screenshot and the concept art still blows me away. The environment guys are super talented! :)

• It's kind of interesting that you haven't actually shown any zombie concept art yet. :P

This discussion has been closed.