User Avatar Image

Why still no news about it? Wasn't it planned for 2011?

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 394 users

No news about this game?
I remember this game was planned for 2011, as they state HERE...

Was the game dropped?

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I wouldn't worry too much they seem to release oh so very little prior to their releases.. seems like most games get a trailer a month or less before release... Or did I just make that up in my head?

• User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator

Nope, that seems about right lol.

• Telltale doesn't talk too much about games until it gets really close to release. Hell, there's not a whole lot about The Walking Dead despite it being slated for fall.

• The first episode is set to release in December... on the 31st... at 11.59 pm.

lol, just breaking balls, it'll probably be their next project after Jurassic Park.

• Telltale just don't care about their fans. They hold back all the relevant information about the games they're releasing so that nobody will criticize the aspects that they didn't bother to do properly. TTG is just hoping that people will buy their games blindly.
    We'll get maybe 1 or 2 screenshots the week before it's released but don't expect TTG to actually answer questions or address our concerns.

• @caeska said: Telltale just don't care about their fans. They hold back all the relevant information about the games they're releasing so that nobody will criticize the aspects that they didn't bother to do properly. TTG is just hoping that people will buy their games blindly.
    We'll get maybe 1 or 2 screenshots the week before it's released but don't expect TTG to actually answer questions or address our concerns.

To say Telltale don't care about their fans is a gross exaggeration. They don't reveal a lot of information on a game until it's close to release because they often are literally working on it until the moment they release it. And it's not really fair to say they expect people to buy their games blindly, both Back to the Future and the upcoming Jurassic Park games offer the first episode for free for people to try before they buy. Plus you can get one episode of any season they make and receive a discount to upgrade to the rest of the season. That is so much better than most modern releases, many of which are lucky to even bother with a demo.

• @caeska said: Telltale just don't care about their fans. They hold back all the relevant information about the games they're releasing so that nobody will criticize the aspects that they didn't bother to do properly. TTG is just hoping that people will buy their games blindly.

Honestly, I can't think of a single game company that makes more of an effort to please their fans than Telltale. Can you name another company where the developers will regularly appear on forums and talk to the fans, answering their questions?

Sure, they still do some bad stuff (the way Telltale stays almost completely silent about games until they release has got to stop), but I wouldn't interpret that as them not caring.

• User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff

Hey guys!

I'm not a regular member of the Law & Order team, but last week I had the opportunity to help out on the first two episodes.

Wow. They have done a really good job! If you guys are fans of Law & Order then I think you're gonna like this game. Lead Designer Ryan has done a really good job in making both the Law (Searching crime scenes and questioning suspects) and the Order side (Courtroom antics!) a fun and consistent experience! I really felt like was learning something about the process AND getting to use that knowledge in the game!

Additionally, the familiar characters all look and sound better than I expected, which is always good!

Anyway, it looks like we are putting the final polish on the first episode... Not sure when it's set to release though.

So, that's it for now. I know it's not much, but I just wanted to pop in and give you guys some kind of update, as brief as it may be. Thanks for being patient guys!

• Thanks Mark. :)
    BTW the press released talked about 2011.

Even if I think that this is the Telltale project with less hype of all, I think it may turn a really good game if it has the right gameplay.
    I'm very curious, can you give some credit on who's working on it? Are all new people?
    And are these episodes similar to CSI game? Are they different cases or one big case?

Thanks, Mark!
    Keep on the good work! ;)

• @MarkDarin said: Hey guys!

I'm not a regular member of the Law & Order team, but last week I had the opportunity to help out on the first two episodes.

Wow. They have done a really good job! If you guys are fans of Law & Order then I think you're gonna like this game. Lead Designer Ryan has done a really good job in making both the Law (Searching crime scenes and questioning suspects) and the Order side (Courtroom antics!) a fun and consistent experience! I really felt like was learning something about the process AND getting to use that knowledge in the game!

Additionally, the familiar characters all look and sound better than I expected, which is always good!

Anyway, it looks like we are putting the final polish on the first episode... Not sure when it's set to release though.

So, that's it for now. I know it's not much, but I just wanted to pop in and give you guys some kind of update, as brief as it may be. Thanks for being patient guys!

This makes me even more excited! I myself like the Order part more then the Law part and am glad that you get to play in the courtroom.

Add Comment