User Avatar Image

Playstation 3 version of Jurassic Park needs retail disc

posted by SammerHammer on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

Downloading games over Playstation Network is very slow. Is it really a good idea to make Jurassic Park for PS3 a download only title with no retail release?
I have a great internet connection, but downloading a simple 2 GB demo for a game takes about four hours over the Playstation Network. If I have to download this, are we going to have to dedicate an entire day just to download it?
Please don't do this to us Playstation 3 owners who love Jurassic Park. We need to be able to buy this game on a disc at a store.

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No. It doesn't need it, just the same as you don't need to play the game. You would prefer it on the disc, but you'll still get the game if it were released on download.

Also; 2gb for 4 hours? That means you are only downloading at 142 kb/s, which is a really terrible internet speed in the modern age. You are most likely in the minority of people with slow download speeds.

• @Ribs said: No. It doesn't need it, just the same as you don't need to play the game. You would prefer it on the disc, but you'll still get the game if it were released on download.

Also; 2gb for 4 hours? That means you are only downloading at 142 kb/s, which is a really terrible internet speed in the modern age. You are most likely in the minority of people with slow download speeds.

I am sadly one of the people who have a slow download speed on my PS3, but I still intend to download Jurassic Park when its released, I am also planning one getting it on disc for the 360 (I have both systems).

If Jurassic Park sees a physical media release for the ps3 that would be cool, but it really isn't something that need to happen. It's all on how Telltale decides to release the game, and as much as it would be nice to ask for a disc based release of JP for PS3, I highly doubt that we can influence their decision.

• Dute i dont know where your getting 4 hours out of because during all of Telltales' games Sam and Max, Strong Bad, Monkey Island and Back To The Future The Game it was 20 mins for me maybe 30 or 40 tops

• I also hope and wish that Jurassic Park is released for sale on disc in PS3, it is a great game and one of the most popular franchises in history.

CSI: The Game of Telltale has been sold in disc format for PS3 and Jurassic Park no?. I do not understand.

The game release 15 of November in USA. When release in Europe?.

• So you might have to spend an entire day downloading a game (Which is a fairly unlikely worst case scenario). So what? Just how spoiled are people these days?

• I can only guess that the reason it's probably not coming to retail for PS3 is that the agreement to release it on the PSN was made well before the Xbox retail deal was done and so they are unlikely to be able (and frankly probably unwilling as well) to go back on their current agreement/deal/whatever it's called with Sony to change the nature of the release. And as the game is coming on the PSN it is very unlikely that it will also get a retail release as well.

Another point is that I feel Telltale are happy with the way their games have been distributed on the PSN. OK there can be a delay between the Windows/Mac & console release as well as a delay between the various regions of the PSN but it's still better treatment than Microsoft gave the separate episodes released on XBLA.

• Microsoft only allows a limit of 2 GB for XBLA games. These games are clearly larger than 2 GB and that is why they can be posted on PC download outlets and PSN since they have no download limit

• Go ahead ban me you assholes but I am so sick of you self righteous dick heads that are not PS3 users that keep saying "Quit complaining. It doesnt need a physical release."

Please tell me why the fuck it cant be a physical release?? Please fucking tell me. Xbox 360 users jump up my ass. Why do you get but we and PC users can't.Best of all...WHY DO YOU GIVE A SHIT WHAT PS3 USERS GET???

This will probably be my last post as I will be banned, but I hope this message gets out and that Tell Tale realizes they will be losing a fan base.

And to all that flame me, go ahead. Do you think I really give two flying donkey shits??

Peace:cool:

• @Reznor2112 said: Go ahead ban me you assholes but I am so sick of you self righteous dick heads that are not PS3 users that keep saying "Quit complaining. It doesnt need a physical release."

Please tell me why the fuck it cant be a physical release?? Please fucking tell me. Xbox 360 users jump up my ass. Why do you get but we and PC users can't.Best of all...WHY DO YOU GIVE A SHIT WHAT PS3 USERS GET???

This will probably be my last post as I will be banned, but I hope this message gets out and that Tell Tale realizes they will be losing a fan base.

And to all that flame me, go ahead. Do you think I really give two flying donkey shits??

Why would you be banned? You have an opinion. The worst that'll happen is they'll warn you against your language.

It costs money to do a physical release, and it is not possible to do a digital release of the game on Xbox Live. It is therefore the only option. On the other hand, PSN will gladly allow a digital release, meaning no production costs on Telltale for a retail release.

• @Reznor2112 said: Go ahead ban me you assholes but I am so sick of you self righteous dick heads that are not PS3 users that keep saying "Quit complaining. It doesnt need a physical release."

We won't ban you over your opinion but cool it on the language.

Add Comment