User Avatar Image

....18 dollars shipping?

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 703 users

I live in Pennsylvania. I went to order the Deluxe Edition of the Back to the Future DVD and the shipping is 18 dollars. What? I thought the warehouse move was so shipping would cost less?!

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

That is oddly steep.
    Granted, I live in California (about 200 miles from Telltale's HQ), but I only paid $14.60 for shipping (Priority Mail) for the Deluxe Edition of the BttF DVD AND the BttF Mega Pack.

• Oh, and I forgot to mention it's USPS and it's my only choice.

• @DrRocketGenius said: I live in Pennsylvania. I went to order the Deluxe Edition of the Back to the Future DVD and the shipping is 18 dollars. What? I thought the warehouse move was so shipping would cost less?!

Is that all that's in your cart? What zip code are you using?

• I'm having the same issue. S&H is 18.10 for USPS to zip code 43147 for only BTTF - Deluxe edition.

Edit:

I haven't ordered, but it's up to $23.25 for shipping now. I'm trying to decide if I need to order now and sort out the shipping later...

• @Amy Lukima said: Is that all that's in your cart? What zip code are you using?

That's the only thing in my cart. I bought it already because I didn't want to miss out, so if it's the wrong price and you can go into my order and change it (order #600139373601897) to a lower price that would be wonderful. My ZIP code is 18640.

telltale2.png

Edit: However, I just looked at my email I got after I ordered. Not only did I not purchase two things, but I didn't purchase a gift either... What's up with that?

telltale.png

• I'm getting charged 23 dollars for shipping! That's more than the actual GAME!
    First I have to wait a day for the site to reset and now I'm getting charged out the ass for shipping! WHY, Telltale, WHY?

BTW, it's the only item in my cart and my zipcode is 06010.

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@DrRocketGenius said: However, I just looked at my email I got after I ordered. Not only did I not purchase two things, but I didn't purchase a gift either... What's up with that?

My e-mail confirmation also mentions a gift purchase (which it wasn't).

"The stuff in your order includes:
    • Back to the Future: Deluxe Pack - Upgrade
    Your Gift Code for Back to the Future: Deluxe Pack - Upgrade:

• Back to the Future Mega Pack with Large Flux Shirt
    Your Gift Code for Back to the Future Mega Pack with Large Flux Shirt:"

• I, too, purchased the deluxe edition for $19 earlier, and my shipping was $18.80 to a 35486 zip code.

• I am in the exact same situation as DrRocketGenius, from zip code 07059.

• My shipping was 18 dollars too, but that's all the way to the Netherlands. It's a bit weird that there isn't much of a difference in shipping between Europe and the US.

I did want to say that I've got the same 'issue' with the order described as a gift in both the confirmation mail and on the 'my games'-list. It's not that big of an issue. I ordered the game and now the deluxe edition upgrade for myself, not as a gift, but the episodes haven't turned into gift copies or anything, so if I receive my deluxe edition without problems I'm fine with it.

Add Comment