User Avatar Image

Telltale sign publishing deal with Nintendo

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 305 users

From http://www.chrisjonesgaming.net/telltale-games-signs-publishing-agreement-with-nintendo-of-america/ :
"Telltale Games has signed an agreement with Nintendo of America to publish games for the Wii."

More Wii games?
Personally I would be happier if they choosed to drop that old Wii console...
Wii limited very much the creative experience of Tales. Also, Wii isn't capable of extensive 3d graphic and it's not powerful.

Will TT compromise its graphics evolution to support such old piece of hardware?
I hope not.

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Bloody Eugene said: From http://www.chrisjonesgaming.net/telltale-games-signs-publishing-agreement-with-nintendo-of-america/ :
    "Telltale Games has signed an agreement with Nintendo of America to publish games for the Wii."

    More Wii games?
    Personally I would be happier if they choosed to drop that old Wii console...
    Wii limited very much the creative experience of Tales. Also, Wii isn't capable of extensive 3d graphic and it's not powerful.

    Will TT compromise its graphics evolution to support such old piece of hardware?
    I hope not.

    It wasn't the wii that limited tales, so much as wiiware. Disc based releases would have no such problem. Plus, the wii is more powerfull than the iPad (In some terms), so you can't really say it'll hold it back. TBH, I think this is to cover the likes of sam and max series 3 and back to the future. Releases that are already out on other platforms.

  • As long as they just do retail releases, they'll be fine.

  • The thumbs down in the topic is in very poor taste.

  • Come on Telltale! MAKE A 3DS GAME!! I will buy that day 1!

  • They should really get Puzzle Agent on the eShop, prime audience for them there

  • @Gman5852 said: Come on Telltale! MAKE A 3DS GAME!! I will buy that day 1!


    Absolutely agreed :)

    I guess the problem with the Wii is, that Telltale's engine sucks on it... at least it did back then. With some optimizations in that department it might be a great platform for their games.

  • Wii U is right around the corner. Wouldn't that be more of their goal?

  • The WiiWare version of Tales looked so crappy because it was a WiiWare game, not a Wii game. I'm sure that every Telltale game could be brought to the Wii as a disc release with little difficulty. They might need a graphical downgrade, but nowhere near as severe as the one Tales got.

    I doubt Telltale will make any 3DS games, though. Keep in mind they're a PC developer first and a console developer second. I don't see them making anything 3DS-exclusive, nor do I really see any of their games transitioning well to the 3DS. (Not to mention the 3DS in general isn't in a very good state right now.)

    I think the real question is what this will mean for Telltale on the Wii U. I can kind of see that working. Maybe have the game itself on the TV, with the controller screen showing the inventory? It might even be possible to transfer the whole game onto the controller if you need to.

    Anyway, this is good news. Lately Telltale's been putting a lot of stuff on the PS3 while giving the other two consoles the shaft. But between this and the Microsoft publishing deal, now all the console gamers can see what they've been missing out on. ;)

  • @RAnthonyMahan said: The WiiWare version of Tales looked so crappy because it was a WiiWare game, not a Wii game. I'm sure that every Telltale game could be brought to the Wii as a disc release with little difficulty. They might need a graphical downgrade, but nowhere near as severe as the one Tales got.

    As long as they're better than the Wii version of Sam & Max, I'll be happy. Seriously, that port was crippled.

  • @Darth Marsden said: As long as they're better than the Wii version of Sam & Max, I'll be happy. Seriously, that port was crippled.

    The Wii ports of Sam and Max were handled by The Adventure Company (Season 1) and Atari (Season 2). I'm sure if Telltale did the porting themselves it would've turned out a lot more...competent.

Add Comment