User Avatar Image

For early Steam customers

posted by ixemun on - last edited - Viewed by 510 users

so I bought the game for 10USD when it first came out (the first episode), seeing that on steam now only has the full episode package on sale and the 2nd episode doesn't pops out in my game library, does that mean I have to purchase the whole series? D=

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i paid almost 10€ when ep1 came out on steam. it was pretty much a ripoff, compared to the 0,79€ for the iphone. now there is a 5€ bundle for all 3 episodes?! sounds like a very very bad joke to me...

• @ixemun said: so I bought the game for 10USD when it first came out (the first episode), seeing that on steam now only has the full episode package on sale and the 2nd episode doesn't pops out in my game library, does that mean I have to purchase the whole series? D=

Yes, you will have to buy the full series, or the new episodes individually, as your original purchase was for the first episode only. But hopefully Telltale will offer some kind of upgrade pricing for those who have already paid for the first episode. We just have to wait to find out what Telltale announces. It won't necessarily be exactly the same as what Steam is doing.

@ixemun said: i paid almost 10€ when ep1 came out on steam. it was pretty much a ripoff, compared to the 0,79€ for the iphone. now there is a 5€ bundle for all 3 episodes?! sounds like a very very bad joke to me...

That's not the regular price of the bundle, that's your Steam upgrade deal. In the U.S. the bundle price on Steam is currently $14.99. So it sounds like the total cost of the package will end up being the same whether or not you already have the first episode.

• You DONT have to pay the full price, just log in to steam and head to the new Hector series store page, the price next to the Add to Cart button will become something like "-75%: $4.99 USD", at least it did for me.

• @tonyunreal said: You DONT have to pay the full price, just log in to steam and head to the new Hector series store page, the price next to the Add to Cart button will become something like "-75%: $4.99 USD", at least it did for me.

Had you already bought Episode 1 through Steam?

Logged in to either the website or through the Steam client, I see the price as $14.99 USD, 25% off the regular price of $19.99.

• Bought episode 1 on steam a while back: after logging in the price drops to $4.99 for the whole season upgrade. GREAT deal! I paid $8.99 for the first episode when it came out, and now $5 for the final two episodes.
    For once I'm glad I bought a Telltale game through Steam.

• The price for me is showing 14.99 no matter what I do. I dunno if I should contact Steam or what to see what's going on, if the price should be cheaper if you own the first episode.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Carm said: The price for me is showing 14.99 no matter what I do. I dunno if I should contact Steam or what to see what's going on, if the price should be cheaper if you own the first episode.

Do you see episode 1 in your games library? I would contact Steam about it.

• Yea, I got it in the Telltale pack during the Summer Sale.

• Same. Price is still 14.99. I have first episode in my library.
    I also have bought TT complete pack. May be this is the reason? Or maybe this offer is only valid in selected countries.

• @Carm said: Yea, I got it in the Telltale pack during the Summer Sale.

That means you bought episode 1 from telltale directly, not steam. The discount doesn't count for you because you didn't buy episode 1 on steam.

Add Comment