User Avatar Image

New Jurassic Park Poster by Mondo!!!

posted by RexMaster on - last edited - Viewed by 608 users

http://io9.com/5836597/gorgeous-mondo-jurassic-park-poster-spared-no-expense

jurassic_park_regular_rvsd_3_.jpg

Did anybody else see this? This was released at the Mondo Mystery Movie #2 in Texas the other day with only 220 made and a variant that only has 75 made. I thought it is an amazing poster that could work to represent the movie or even a reboot of it. I love how it looks like an old 60s movie poster. I managed to get one of the 220 made and it looks even more amazing than in this picture because the colors are way more varied and detailed. I really love it and it came with the artist's signature, and a mosquito-in-amber pin thing shown below. I thought it was an amazing poster and I cant wait for the second one in the series. It is releasing alongside the BluRay Jurassic Park in October on the same day... Enjoy!!!

$(KGrHqYOKpME4vNK(ly3BO(-M61Z7g~~60_12.J

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Its a cool poster. But I gotta be honest here it doesn't read jurassic park literrally and figuratively. If I look at this poster I don't automatically think Jurassic Park and the name is hard to read too.
    I don't mean to bash on it because its beautiful and I would put this on my wall in a second. I'm however critiquing it from a hardcore jurassic park fan and a graphic designer. One big improvement would have been for the Tyrannosaur look like the one from the movie.

• @mannyguy1 said: Its a cool poster. But I gotta be honest here it doesn't read jurassic park literrally and figuratively. If I look at this poster I don't automatically think Jurassic Park and the name is hard to read too.
    I don't mean to bash on it because its beautiful and I would put this on my wall in a second. I'm however critiquing it from a hardcore jurassic park fan and a graphic designer. One big improvement would have been for the Tyrannosaur look like the one from the movie.

I think the point of it is to not look like something from the Jurassic Park universe. That is what Mondo's posters really are and it gives us another view on the movie that we all love so much which makes it really cool!

• I love it. I think it's very interesting to see different interpretations of Jurassic Park artistically; an artists's own "take" on a scene or character in his or her own style.
    It reminds me of the various JP-based comic books (especially the covers), which I like for the same reason, as well.

• I gotta admit I love that the T-rex is stepping on the Raptor lol I didn't notice that until just now. That's the great thing about art, there's always some detail you missed before which you can enjoy the second time around. Which tailed pterosaur did you use for this?

• @Cyberscribe said: I gotta admit I love that the T-rex is stepping on the Raptor lol I didn't notice that until just now. That's the great thing about art, there's always some detail you missed before which you can enjoy the second time around. Which tailed pterosaur did you use for this?

Hahha yeah the raptor is a cool addition to the art. Also, I'm not the one that made this, this poster was painted by Aaron Horkey for the Mondo Mystery Movies in Alamo, Texas the other night. Only 220 were made and I am lucky enough to have gotten one for myself. There is also a metallic variant of which only 75 were made. All I can say is that it looks so much better than in that picture, the colors glisten in the light and there are more colors. Also, I'm pretty sure the Pterosaurs in this picture are Pteranodons and the tailed ones are Rhamphorhynchus'. So you guys know, the second poster in the series that wont be as limited in production number will be revealed soon and released along side the Jurassic Park Blu-Ray Disk Collection.

• Steampunk and Jurassic Park? 2 awesome things combined.

• The second poster in the series, designed by JC Richard, went on sale today... and sold out in about a minute. It's a beautiful (and much more traditional) design:
    jurassicparkmondoposter.jpg

Does anyone here have a higher resolution version of this poster? I would love to make it my monitor background.

• Now I have both Mondo Jurassic Park posters! :D

• @RexMaster said: Now I have both Mondo Jurassic Park posters! :D

Lucky! How the heck did you get your order in in time?

Add Comment