User Avatar Image

i need help curse of monkey island wont install

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 4.1K users

OK so a couple of nights ago i ordered the Monkey Island Bounty pack from ebay when it came today i tried to install this message came up.

The Curse of Monkey Island setup program could not run from the launcher. You may try running SETUP.EXE directly from the INSTALL folder on The Curse of Monkey Island CD-ROM disk #1

I really want to try this out being that Curse is the only Monkey Island i have not played yet.

39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Thanks but is there anyway to get it to run without any downloads or is this the only way?

• Yeah, you'll need ScummVM if you're going to run it on any modern OS.

• is it free? and does it bring virus?

• Yes, ScummVM is completely free, and no, of course there are no viruses included.

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

I bought the Bounty Pack almost 10 years ago and it doesn't cooperate too well with newer systems.

There are two solutions (only one of which I've ever tried).

1) It runs great in ScummVM.
    Just install ScummVM, copy these files to your hard drive and add the game to ScummVM.

2) You can also use Quick and Easy Software's Curse of Monkey Island Setup Wizard. They also have an alternate launcher for the game.
    However, even they suggest that there might still be bugs and quirks and suggest that you use ScummVM instead.

Other advantages of ScummVM is that you it lets you play your game on different systems (I have tried it successfully on Mac and Wii, but they also have ScummVM for Linux, PS2, PSP, Dreamcast, iPhone,...) and they also offer a few freeware old school adventure games (Beneath a Steel Sky, Flight of the Amazon Queen, Lure of the Temptress, Drascula).

As I was typing and linking, I noticed that Alex IDV has been helping you and concur with him that ScummVM is a great way to play Curse of Monkey Island.

• thanks guys for the help ill try scumvm later also could u guys tell me some things that are fun about curse?

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@ryannumber1gamer said: this is the only mi game i have not played yet and i know murry and stan r in it but thanks also i hear theres some insult sword fighting too

There is indeed some insult sword fighting (with a little twist).
    If you have played and enjoyed the other games, you will love this one.
    Since you already played the other games, here's my final advice:
    stop posting and start playing! :D

Add Comment