User Avatar Image

Plotholes/ continuity errors/ anachronisms in the game (spoilers!)

posted by tope1983 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.3K users

I know it's quite early for this thread but at least I don't really get one thing which we have already seen:

During the scene when Miles and Nima reach Dennis Nedry's jeep, why are they coming from the inner side of the island?
As the sign at the road indicates the east dock has to be somewhere at the end of the road after the tunnel!
scaled.php?server=841&filename=eastdockr

That's where Nima and Niles are approaching from:
nilesnimajptg.jpg

They are coming from the wrong side, especially because Miles was at the dock before.

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Nice observation. Didn't notice it til now

• Maybe they're coming from the "West Dock"....just kidding...

• Maybe they took a shortcut and walked up a footpath instead of taking the road. Looks to me like the road under the tunnel curves left. They're coming from the same general area, just on the other side of the jeep.

Maybe there's a scene we haven't seen where they visit another area first before getting to the jeep. There's always a possible explanation for everything.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

It's so cute that tope used the thread title I invented for the merged threads in the BTTF forum, including the "anachronisms"... do you really think there will be anachronisms in the JP game? I mean, all right, if they all have mobile phones in 1993, then... ;)

• @Vainamoinen said: It's so cute that tope used the thread title I invented for the merged threads in the BTTF forum, including the "anachronisms"... do you really think there will be anachronisms in the JP game? I mean, all right, if they all have mobile phones in 1993, then... ;)

There can potentially be anachronisms in JP after all the game takes place 18 years ago...Imagine Jesse having an Ipod...lol...

• LOL, I didn't really look up the exact meaning of anachronism when creating this thread. I just thought to keep some sort of order in these forums and so I copied the thread title ;)

allthough now I think we have at least ONE major anachronism in this game:
    dinosaurs and humans ;)!!!!!

• User Avatar Image
    Sinaz20 Telltale Staff

It's actually not a goof... but you'd have to play the game to see why.

Also, yeah-- the biggest anachronism in this game is that we haven't learned how to clone dinosaurs yet.

All throughout the game, though, we kept saying, "did they have that technology in 1993?"

Though, I'm sure we flubbed some stuff. It'll be interesting to see what you guys find and have to say about any potential goofs, gaffs, and anachronisms.

I can actually think of one anachronistic prop off the top of my head, and I had to wiki it just now to be sure.

• Watch "that 70's show." There are plenty of anachronisms there. Point being its bound to happen when you create a story that takes place in the past.

• @mannyguy1 said: Maybe they're coming from the "West Dock"....just kidding...

Well there is a North dock...soooooo maybe....:p

• Not a real plothole but why did Miles and Nima search for Nedry just somewhere in the jungle? Wouldn't it be more reasonable to just walk back the road from the dock to the visitor center? I mean they didn't know what happened to Nedry and if I am searching for someone who should be arriving by car I would track down the road.

How did Dr. Sorkin get control over the Jurassic Park OS from her lab? I assume that the control room is the real control room otherwise this room would make no sense. So why should a terminal somewhere else provide access to the main program?

How did Explorer 02 get to the trike pen without crashing into Explorer 05?

Where were the Pteranodons from?

Why wasn't Dr. Sorkin much more afraid of the troodons or velociraptors when she knew that during the whole system shutdown all fences (including the quarantine pens) went down?

Why was the bone-shaker isolated in the jungle far away from the visitor's area?

Add Comment