User Avatar Image

Monkey island 5

posted by Eater on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

I can't help to notice everyone speaks here about getting a MI5. Isn't a better place to do that over at doublefine?

75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Why? Double Fine don't make point-and-click adventure games, and it's hard to imagine Monkey Island as being anything else. Regardless, I don't think there's currently any company to expect Monkey Island 5 from, but one can always dream...

• Ah. I had always thought that tim schafer was the big wig behind MI, but it seems it is actually owned by Ron Gilbert. Both of which worked with Dave Grossman who I also find works here. So perhaps you are right this is the place to go.

• @Eater said: Ah. I had always thought that tim schafer was the big wig behind MI, but it seems it is actually owned by Ron Gilbert. Both of which worked with Dave Grossman who I also find works here. So perhaps you are right this is the place to go.

True, Dave Grossman is co creater, though not many knew about this. I remember when I went to the focus group to play S&M ep 4 and mentioned that he help create the first monkey island. He was quite suprised.

• @doom saber said: True, Dave Grossman is co creater, though not many knew about this. I remember when I went to the focus group to play S&M ep 4 and mentioned that he help create the first monkey island. He was quite suprised.

He didn't know either? :D

What does Ron Gilbert do nowadays? I check his website out from time to time, and I can't really tell. :rolleyes:

• User Avatar Image
    Mel

@LuigiHann said: He didn't know either? :D

I think he was just being Dave. He's the most unassuming person I've ever met. :)

• from what I heard Ron started a game company with someone (his girlfriend? not sure can't remember) and wasn't heard from much since. but i also can't remember where I heard it.

• I think Ron Gilbert is currently working on a design for a new RPG/adventure hybrid type thing that he's taking around pitching to publishers. He's also, I think, doing game design and consultation work as a contractor on the side.

• Yes, he started Humongous Entertainment, but after while he left that one as well.
    Nowa'days he seems to mostly be playing WoW, and occasionally writing in his blog.
    He have also begun to make a Rpg-Adventure hybrid, but havn't had any luck getting it published, in god know how long.

Ops, damn you Jake! :D

• @LuigiHann said: He didn't know either? :D

He was just suprised that someone knew he worked on that game. I guess most fan thinks that Ron Gilbert created the game single handedly.

I wonder when is the next focus group for Sam and MAx since I missed the last two because of other things.

Add Comment