User Avatar Image

The St_Eddie Show (Pending Better Title)

posted by Davies on - last edited - Viewed by 927 users

Here it is, the monumental launch of the appallingly titled "The Davies Show".

I'd love it if you'd take the time to have a gander and give me some feedback. I hope you enjoy...

Introduction Video

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Video Review - PART 1 / PART 2

P.S. Please excuse any sweat patches. It's been especially hot this past week in the UK.

75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Just finished uploading the next batch of videos...

A fool (myself). One raw chilli. It's chow down time...

The first couple of entries in my Alien retrospective series...

Alien (Ridley Scott, 1979)

Aliens (James Cameron, 1986)

... That'll probably be the last upload for a month or so but I shall finish my Alien Retrospective in the future. Until then, please leave any thoughts and/or constructive criticism.

• Only watched the intro so far but 2 thumbs up!

• Here's part 3 of my Alien Retrospective. This time I take a look at Alien 3.

Alien 3 Review

The next few upcoming reviews in this retrospective are for the crappy installments in the franchise. Those videos should be lot more entertaining because I'll basically be bitching about the movies. ;)

@skeeter said: Only watched the intro so far but 2 thumbs up!

Cheers. :D

• I'm happy that Cockerel got a mention!

And just to show how knowing how things works ruins the mystery behind it, all I could think of during the chili video was how "spicy" is not a flavor detected by your taste buds. It's actually a combination of signals from your pain receptors and heat receptors...which is probably already too much information.

But good start, in any case. Though I might recommend using a few clips from whatever you're reviewing so that people who haven't experienced said media (like me) can understand what's going on.

• @Alcoremortis said: I'm happy that Cockerel got a mention!

And just to show how knowing how things works ruins the mystery behind it, all I could think of during the chili video was how "spicy" is not a flavor detected by your taste buds. It's actually a combination of signals from your pain receptors and heat receptors...which is probably already too much information.

Woah, it was just a video of an idiot being stupid. :p

@Alcoremortis said: But good start, in any case. Though I might recommend using a few clips from whatever you're reviewing so that people who haven't experienced said media (like me) can understand what's going on.

That's actually the plan. Basically, I have to record any footage at my parents place but I'm going back home tomorrow so I'll update my videos with pictures and clips via my professional video editing software. Things are going to get much more slick in the future. I was using this initial batch of videos as a test for the basics of talking into camera.

Hopefully, people found my style entertaining enough but I would like to inject more humour into future productions, as well as adding post-production elements. All of which should make for a better product... I hope!

• @Davies said: Woah, it was just a video of an idiot being stupid. :p

At the moment, I'm studying neurobiology, so I can't do ANYTHING without thinking of how the signal transmits to the brain and through what receptors.

That's actually the plan. Basically, I have to record any footage at my parents place but I'm going back home tomorrow so I'll update my videos with pictures and clips via my professional video editing software. Things are going to get much more slick in the future. I was using this initial batch of videos as a test for the basics of talking into camera.

Hopefully, people found my style entertaining enough but I would like to inject more humour into future productions, as well as adding post-production elements. All of which should make for a better product... I hope!

Okay, cool. As far as talking into the camera you've got that down pretty well. Now just make a Masterpiece Theater opening where you sit in an overstuffed armchair next to the fireplace, wearing a smoking jacket with a pipe and a monocle and you'll be golden.

• @Alcoremortis said: Now just make a Masterpiece Theater opening where you sit in an overstuffed armchair next to the fireplace, wearing a smoking jacket with a pipe and a monocle and you'll be golden.

Not a bad idea for an opening to a video actually. I might keep an eye out for any suitable props in my local charity shop. Speaking of which, I'm currently looking to buy a fluffy toy / puppet of a cockerel...

Furthermore, in my quest to come up with a decent title for my show, I'm considering "One Man and His Cock". Any other suggestions are welcome.

• @Davies said: Not a bad idea for an opening to a video actually. I might keep an eye out for any suitable props in my local charity shop. Speaking of which, I'm currently looking to buy a fluffy toy / puppet of a cockerel...

You could also use a weather vane to make a shadow puppet to talk to. It's the budget way! But I'm sure that there's a puppet out there, just waiting for you to come and stick your hand up it's--uh...never mind.

Furthermore, in my quest to come up with a decent title for my show, I'm considering "One Man and His Cock". Any other suggestions are welcome.

Brilliant! <--reaction, not a suggestion.

• @Alcoremortis said: But I'm sure that there's a puppet out there, just waiting for you to come and stick your hand up its cloaca.

Fixed! :D

• Davies has a web series? I am... interested while uninterested. But still awesome. I am. Not Davies and his show. I'm not saying it's not. I mean, I have no opinion on it. 'Cause I haven't watched it yet. Yeah.

Add Comment