User Avatar Image

New JP:TG video from IGN reveals new dinos!

posted by Shadowknight1 on - last edited - Viewed by 876 users

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/26/jurassic-park-the-game-return-trip

For those just wanting the quick list of dinos shown in this video, obviously T-rex, Velociraptor, Dilophosaurus, and then the newbies: Herrerasaurus shown off, as well as Pteranodons, Compsognathus(near the end), Mosasaur, and finally, a good look at the Troodons.

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Cool Stuff. Glad to see the Pteranodons I was losing hope. Telltale really did their homework with this game. Now Pteranodons and Compies are confirmed on Nublar. Does that mean that the Mosasaur was not part of the 15 original species?

Also, Did troodon have protruding teeth like that?

• Also, Did troodon have protruding teeth like that?

Keep in mind these animals were engineered by man, and they might not be the intended final build of Troodon. There may be genetic errors, both behavioral and physical, leading to why they were still a secret. If that's the case, this game's story is really dishing out the goods.

On top of that, did anyone notice Samuel L Jackson's voice at the very beginning, announcing "Rated T for Teen?" Which by the way the game has "mild use of tobacco" hint hint? ;)
    If they even got him to do a few voice-overs (since he is the guy that's always on the intercom throughout the park) I'm pretty much gonna go nuts for this game.

• What is the theory for Troodon having "luminscent" eyes like that. At nite it makes sense, but would they also look like that during the day?

• Depends on lighting. You can't tell me that you've never noticed that eerie glow in a cat's eyes.

• Right right. Thats what I mean, but it seems on all the shots the eyes look luminescent. I'm also not a fan of the protruding teeth. Nevertheless I'm still super excited.

• As for the Pteranodons, I've got a theory on what they might've done here. After the power went out, the Pteranodons shown flying had somehow escaped from their cage at the "Pteratops lodge" (or whatever the movie canon's equivalent will be,) and that's all we'll really get to see from them. Just a fly by. Too many dinosaur attacks is really gonna bog down the story. As for why they appear to be the JPIII Pteranodons, well, hasn't InGen already proved how negligent they already are? Sure, we'll put the more dangerous animals in the park. They ARE in a cage, herp derp.

What would've been really cool, is if they were the TLW Pteranodons, and it's explained that they're probably migrating southwest towards the place of their birth. It's theorized that Pterasaurs did this exact thing when it was time to breed. This would bring them back to Isla Sorna, where they were hatched, and where we saw them flying free at the end of TLW.

• The game definitely looks topnotch. Some daylight scenes, specially the outside of VC, look particulary great. The Troodon looks quite creepy, which I presume was the intending design and the mosasaur scenes gave me a "Deep Blue Sea" vibe which is definitely good.

I just think the raptors are too plain compared to the scenarios and the other dinosaurs. However I'm pretty sure that is due the low quality video.

• @Dr.Dino said: The game definitely looks topnotch. Some daylight scenes, specially the outside of VC, look particulary great. The Troodon looks quite creepy, which I presume was the intending design and the mosasaur scenes gave me a "Deep Blue Sea" vibe which is definitely good.

I just think the raptors are too plain compared to the scenarios and the other dinosaurs. However I'm pretty sure that is due the low quality video.

Well, with the non-movie dinos like Herrerasaurus, Troodon, and Mosasaur, they could be a bit more elaborate. Not so much with the raptors.

I also noticed that in one shot, one of the raptors has a scar over his/her left eye.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Well, with the non-movie dinos like Herrerasaurus, Troodon, and Mosasaur, they could be a bit more elaborate. Not so much with the raptors.

With "plain" I didn't mean they're bland but actually too bright compared to the surroundings.

• If Jared did the music for the video then it sounds amazing.
    If I'm a complete idiot and its actually John Williams then, it still sounds good.

Add Comment