User Avatar Image

Languages?

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

Which languages will be included in the game?

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • just think that every country is equal to the united states, I hope they put the Italian and Spanish, or only French and German can play.
    20 feet? how many meters are?

• @crochunter said: just think that every country is equal to the united states, I hope they put the Italian and Spanish, or only French and German can play.
    20 feet? how many meters are?

they will not insert italian and spanish :(

• TT could even sell translation.
    I would pay 5$ more for an Italian localization, so they could cover translation costs.

• @Bloody Eugene said: Companies smaller than Telltale made multilanguage games regularly. Bill Tiller's "A vampyre story" and "Voojoo Island" has Italian Subtitles. "Amnesia" has multilanguage from the day of its release. Even "Braid" has multilanguage.
    Don't tell me they have no money for it, but have money for jeeps, real plants, props and stuffs to exhibit during shows...

What's the biggest market for Jurassic Park? That's what the money is being spent on. I'm not understating the foreign fans of the film, and would love for them to get support. But this isn't a AAA-title release, and both Telltale and Universal aren't expecting that level of buyers and profit. Therefore the level of support is only a fraction of those. Other smaller companies do what they do to attract a bigger fanbase. This game is aimed at those who liked the films, it's not for a new audience. The films were originally in English and is generally a universal language. How much money would they make from lesser known languages? Putting in that much work just to satisfy a small portion of their audience?

TT should have some sort of custom created subtitle system for those languages. English, Spanish, French, Portuguese should be officially covered. But official support for the others while nice, is just not justifiable. Time, money, effort is all at play.

• Why not Portuguese!!!??? We have a lot of Jurassic Park Fans in Brazil, and a lot of clients...

Also... German translation sounds good!

• Tank you for the subtitles in french !!!

• @_djs_ said: German, lol!

It would be better to get the game in Portuguese and Spanish... Much more people speak this languages than german.

Actually German makes sense. There seems to be a real market for Adventure Games in Germany, and German developers were still making Adventure Games long after they were abandoned by LucasArts and Sierra.

More people may speak Portuguese and Spanish, but it's very likely a higher percentage of German people will be interested in this game. I don't pretend to understand it, I just accept it.

• Yeah yeah... you're right. Still I think it's going to be a big hit in Brazil... But we're used to English...

• You can put your games on every console, iPad, PC or Mac but you can't afford SUBTITLES?

DoubleFine is also a small company and Costume Quest and Stacked have multilingual subtitles support...
    If you want, you can do it. But I suppose you don't care about your fans anymore.

• @nomecopies said: But I suppose you don't care about your fans anymore.

Not to offend you, but are you nuts? Your argument is pure nonsense.
    If you would follow the forums, you would recognize that TTG is hugely taking advices by its fans. Especially with JPTG.

However, I didnt expect the game with German language support and on my opinion Woodsyblue post is the most understandable for TTG's reason of translation.

In advance, i mostly hate translation. Good translation is expensive and much work. It's not like math, there is no perfect solution, and thus many meanings and puns get lost. I always prefer the original, because thats how its meant to be.

Add Comment