User Avatar Image

Why There Should Not Be Ghostbusters III

posted by bobber56 on - last edited - Viewed by 188 users

The first movie was a terrific blend of horror and comedy. The second one, not as great. The video game, which sorta acted as a third in the saga, was pretty good, but not perfect. If they do a third movie in this day and age, the are just going to be giving movie goers and die-hard fans the middle finger salute. Sure, it is probably the most talked about sequel since Indiana Jones 4. But Kingdom of the Crystal Skull turned out to be a mess. If they do Ghostbusters III, and you go to see it, then you will probably need to use your popcorn bag as a puke bucket.

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I liked Crystal Skull. I'll like GB3.

• People who hate on Kingdom of the Crystal Skull had too high an expectation, while the movie was just a continuation, both in storyline as well as in feel, of the previous movies.

• @bobber56 said: The first movie was a terrific blend of horror and comedy. The second one, not as great. The video game, which sorta acted as a third in the saga, was pretty good, but not perfect. If they do a third movie in this day and age, the are just going to be giving movie goers and die-hard fans the middle finger salute. Sure, it is probably the most talked about sequel since Indiana Jones 4. But Kingdom of the Crystal Skull turned out to be a mess. If they do Ghostbusters III, and you go to see it, then you will probably need to use your popcorn bag as a puke bucket.

Nah.

• Okay, I'm the one fellow in agreement. We may well be in the minority, but damn it! Who cares?! We're right!

Nah, it's all about the difference of opinion and in this particular instance we concur. Bring on Ghostbusters III, bring on the hate. Then we can say "told you so"!

• They're all too long in the tooth for that lark, and a CGI Ghostbusters just wouldn't sit right with me at all.

Do you really wanna see frail old Bill Murray struggling to run with a proton pack on his back?

• @JedExodus said: Do you really wanna see frail old Bill Murray struggling to run with a proton pack on his back?

Yes. Bill Murray himself stated he'd only do GBIII if his character died, and being crushed by a proton pack sounds like a great way to go. :D

• Waaaaaaaiiiiiiiiitttttt....

They need three guys and a girl. Don't tell me they're doing something similar to the Extreme Ghostbusters? I mean, if they can find a hot goth chick, I'm all up for a third Ghostbusters, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

• You shut your lying, naysaying mouth. You shut it before I intentionally send myself into the maw of hell in order to gain the favor of Mephistopheles, only to return to this plain in the form of his Arch Necro-Demon, Nisshug Demoroth, and below forth my fiery call. I will sweep this world of all that would stand against another GB movie, and from my throne of flesh and bone, I would laugh the laugh of a million dooms.

• @DAISHI said: You shut your lying, naysaying mouth. You shut it before I intentionally send myself into the maw of hell in order to gain the favor of Mephistopheles, only to return to this plain in the form of his Arch Necro-Demon, Nisshug Demoroth, and below forth my fiery call. I will sweep this world of all that would stand against another GB movie, and from my throne of flesh and bone, I would laugh the laugh of a million dooms.

So you're for it then?

• @DAISHI said: You shut your lying, naysaying mouth. You shut it before I intentionally send myself into the maw of hell in order to gain the favor of Mephistopheles, only to return to this plain in the form of his Arch Necro-Demon, Nisshug Demoroth, and below forth my fiery call. I will sweep this world of all that would stand against another GB movie, and from my throne of flesh and bone, I would laugh the laugh of a million dooms.

Gozer the Gozerian tells you to shut your mortal mouth, naysaying or otherwise. Gozer the Destructor thinks you to be a tit; barely worthy to lick the under carriage of an animated gargoyle dog creature.

Gozer the almighty laughs at your puny face.

Add Comment