User Avatar Image

The Elder Scrolls Procrastination Thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 315 users

@Alcoremortis said: We should start a thread for all the people who don't own Skyrim and are still in the process of trying to get around to playing the other Elder Scrolls games.

Done.

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What? So, are you not going to play Skyrim until you beat 1-4??

• Lol. Well, at least play them. I, for one, have them all (including Redguard and Battlespire) except for Skyrim but haven't really played enough of them. I'd say beating the main quest is good enough to have a decent amount of exposure to each game and allow you to move on. Well, that would take a while except for Oblivion, which is pretty short.

• I haven't even read half of the books I picked up in Oblivion yet. So this will probably take me awhile. And I played about a half hour of Morrowind because it was my goal to play at least a half hour of all the games that I bought over the summer (I failed).

Yeah...I probably won't get Skyrim until it's on sale for thirty bucks at the rate I'm going through games.

• @Alcoremortis said: I haven't even read half of the books I picked up in Oblivion yet. So this will probably take me awhile. And I played about a half hour of Morrowind because it was my goal to play at least a half hour of all the games that I bought over the summer (I failed).

Yeah...I probably won't get Skyrim until it's on sale for thirty bucks at the rate I'm going through games.

The studious must sacrifice something.

• @DAISHI said: The studious must sacrifice something.

Yeah...so far the only games I've completed this semester have been Planescape: Torment and Sanitarium. My goal is to also add Braid and VVVVVV to this list. Maybe Magicka since I'm nearly done with that one anyway.

• @DAISHI said: What? So, are you not going to play Skyrim until you beat 1-4??

No. From what I hear, it's not worth the extreme amount of effort to get Arena and Daggerfall running anyway. But I do own Morrowind and Oblivion, and I haven't touched either of them. At this point, paying full price for Skyrim would amount to a colossal waste for me. I'll be happy to pick it up if I see a really good sale on it, but for the moment, I have too many untouched 100 hour RPGs as it is, between Morrowind, Oblivion, The Witcher, Neverwinter Nights, and if you want to count them, KOTOR and Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas. Oh, and I'm borrowing a copy of Mass Effect with Mass Effect 2 promised when I finish the first game.

I'm basically drowning in a sea of games here.

• @GuruGuru214 said: I'm basically drowning in a sea of games here.

You and me both mate. I've got all of those, though I've got a head start on you since I've already beaten KOTOR I and II, ME 1 and 2, the Witcher, and Fallout 1. But I also have the Witcher 2, Baldur's Gate I and II, and a squillion indie games to get through.

• User Avatar Image
    Profanity BANNED

You lucky witches, I have no idea what to play... Not many games really hook me, and the ones that do, usually end quite quickly (Telltale games, for example).

If only my computer could evolve, so my "to try" list would actually expand.

• Or you could just buy all of the indie games. Some of them work even on my old computer from 2004.

Add Comment