User Avatar Image

2011 release?

posted by Ja1862 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Was I seeing things when I saw that this would be released in 2011 remember reading that about 2 months back, since Jurassic park hasn't come out yet I wasn't really expecting a Walking Dead release.

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It was originally announced for a fall 2011 release, but it's since been pushed back to winter, I believe.

  • I have a good hunch that we'll hear more about this game as soon Jurassic Park releases.

  • Yeah, after Jurassic Park is released this will likely be Telltale's next project along with Law & Order. Hopefully we'll see the first episode before the end of 2011 but it's always possible it will be pushed back to early 2012. We'll just have to wait and see.

  • My hunch is it will premier with The Walking Dead series in February after the show's season break.

  • @baron_calamity said: My hunch is it will premier with The Walking Dead series in February after the show's season break.

    The Walking Dead has a season break this year?

  • @Dameon2k said: The Walking Dead has a season break this year?

    Yup, it is because the second season is 13 episodes as supposed to the first one which was only six. AMC are financing the whole thing and probably want to see as much returns as they can get as quickly as they can get it.

  • @Woodsyblue said: Yup, it is because the second season is 13 episodes as supposed to the first one which was only six. AMC are financing the whole thing and probably want to see as much returns as they can get as quickly as they can get it.

    Good to hear that there will be more episodes to watch; unfortunately, my brain is starting to liken the "Lost girl" story arc to Dragon Ball Z, where a 5-minute charge-up and battle time frame is stretched into 6+ half-hour episodes, so although I can understand keeping most of the story at this one house in Alabama to reduce budget costs (Speculation on my part), I'm going to be really disappointed if it takes all 13 episodes for them to find the girl and move on to the next plot of land.

  • We are 12 days away from December right now and no new info as of yet, so a 2011 release seems unlikely.

  • They've been working on Walking Dead so who knows... I would not really be all that surprised if it came out in DEC... but yeah I think 2012 is more likely.

  • @Irishmile said: They've been working on Walking Dead so who knows... I would not really be all that surprised if it came out in DEC... but yeah I think 2012 is more likely.

    Yeah, I wouldn't count on a December release. I seriously doubt there'd be so short a gap between this and Jurassic Park.

    On the bright side, now that JP is out we should start hearing more about the game.

This discussion has been closed.