User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park The Game: Review thread - post your impressions here!

posted by waroftheworlds01 on - last edited - Viewed by 9.3K users

The release date for the game is finally here and I'm sure everyone will be dieing to voice their opinions on the game as well as post reviews from other websites. Instead of having thousands of post with different reviews, I figured it would be easier to have one thread dedicated to Jurassic Park reviews.

I haven't been able to play it yet but I will be posting seperate reviews for each episode here as I finish them.

So if anyone wants to share their opinon after finally getting to play the game, or want to share links to reviews of the game from other website here's a great thread to do it.

And, of course, try to use those Spoiler tabs when needed!!!

431 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Don't forget to check out the journal when your done. Some neat info in there.

• Done with Episode 1, and man was it a long one.

The action scenes are pretty rad, sadly I kept dying on the Dilo part, only died twice with the Rex. Pretty neat remake of the Jurassic Park OS, Telltale!

Really loved the game, but needs some bug fixing.

• @AndrewF said: I'm at the dock, only thing wrong is the volume of their voices changes '*Normals Voice* No she doesn't *High voice* KNOW* Normal* your name* And the rain seems to be more of a flicker, but everything is great! I love it! Even though in the prologue I ran int oa tree. ^-^ Whoops.

Mess with your graphics, the rain flickered on me aswell. But I got it to stop.

• I cant pick the passes up in the first episode i click LB and she reaches but wont pick them up.

• any body have any problems with the cursor disappearing?

• Finished the first episode, took me a couple of hours and I enjoyed it very much. It's good that they've tried something new with this game and I feel it fits it well. Also, it looks fantastic. By far the best looking Telltale game yet. Oh and another thing that I like is that the next episode started straight after the end of the first so it looks like you can play through the whole thing without having to go back to a menu to start the next episode which I think a number of people wanted for previous games. It also has room for a fair amount of re-playability which is good.

@waroftheworlds01 said: Some will argue the fact that this is really more of a interactive movie then a game. And I’ll admit, after finally playing it for myself I’m inclined to agree with them. But if anything, we’re getting one hell of an awesome story that I’m fully ready to consider cannon with the films.

That is a fair point but I feel that I was drawn into the story well enough that I didn't really think about the gameplay, it just felt natural to me.

Another thing that might be interesting to note is a comparison of game size - for instance the 5 episodes of Tales of Monkey Island take up 1.4GB and the 4 episodes of Jurassic Park use 2.6GB and I think the larger amount of data shows especially graphically.

• @sniperwar10 said: any body have any problems with the cursor disappearing?

It happened once to me, I just quit and restarted the game and carried on with no problems.

• I find at times the button interactions serve no purpose and distract the player from the mood of the scene. At times it's so needless the sense of tension and immersion is completely lost. It's like Telltale is reminding you, "Hey, this is a game! Push buttons!"

The voice acting is great, but the facial animations are poor. It's just not convincing, half the time they don't even move their lips. Otherwise, good graphics and detailed environments.

Episode 1: 7/10

• love the game. a little disappointed with the bump mapping but i love the game so far still on episode one got the game at seven didnt get to play till eight btw i also like the prologue although te first three times i screwed it up. thanks aain telltale

Add Comment