User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park The Game: Review thread - post your impressions here!

posted by waroftheworlds01 on - last edited - Viewed by 20.2K users

The release date for the game is finally here and I'm sure everyone will be dieing to voice their opinions on the game as well as post reviews from other websites. Instead of having thousands of post with different reviews, I figured it would be easier to have one thread dedicated to Jurassic Park reviews.

I haven't been able to play it yet but I will be posting seperate reviews for each episode here as I finish them.

So if anyone wants to share their opinon after finally getting to play the game, or want to share links to reviews of the game from other website here's a great thread to do it.

And, of course, try to use those Spoiler tabs when needed!!!

432 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I was really looking forward to this game. I even signed up for a year of PSN Plus (JP was free with sign up).

The action symbols are very small and very hard to read when in "explorer" mode (I have a 40" HD TV not huge but I would expect to be able to make out the symbols). I made it to the 'hack the jungle' bit but am now stuck. I push the correct buttons but it fails anyway.

From the bit I managed to play seems like more of a button masher than the story driven game I was expecting. I don't mind some action (just finished Batman Arkham City) but not mashing buttons.

Video is also choppy.

After all the good stuff from TellTale it is hard to understand how something this bad/annoying came from the same folks.

Very, very disappointing.

PS3 version BTW

• Okay, I just finished the game after 6 hours continious playing. Ignorning the very few (pretty simple) puzzles, it felt more like a movie where you have to hit/smash buttons all the time. After episode two I actually ended up just pressing all four arrow keys all the time, which gives you gold everytime, except when you have to press buttons delayed. The story itself was nice, tho I'd probably prefer it more as a movie than as a smash-the-key-adventure.

• finished the first episode on Xbox 360 disc.

some great moments, some mediocre moments. some of the dialogue is unnecessary and makes it feel corny at times. but the T-rex and Triceratops battle was suspenseful, i made my heart skip some beats when doing the QT moments.

Its a good start, wish the graphics and textures where a lot smoother. but the dinos looked great. but the scenery is just okay. people's faces are good, movements look a little funky.

Overall, I'm having a blast, i finished a bit of episode 2, i'm excited to see what happens!

• My internet went down for some weird reason. I'm almost done the last episode. I'm getting some shut eye soon so Not writing the reviews just yet. But let's just say that they story gets better with each episode, However... the glitches get worse with each episode as well. But I'll explain everything in full later.

Trodoon is awesome by the way!

• so far i just beat the 1st story and on the 2nd one now, took me about 2 hours, i like how the dinosaurs are made, im not expecting Battlefield 3 graphics or anything and i was not expecting the characters to move lifelike like in Heavy rain, heavy rain used alot more money to add physics and that face body detection software,

so far i like the story i give the game a 8/10 but it might go up if something blows my mind in the later story

so far the only Con of this game is i cant move my guy around to do stuff but that is all

but if this game is a hit for you telltale i would consider upping your budget if you decide to make a new JP game add just a little bit more detail and add face detection and body detection to the game, and add movement you could prob charge the full 60$ if you add all that stuff and extended the story a few more hours for each part

• WELL DONE TELLTALE!

This was worth the wait and I never thought I'd say it but, it's your best game to date and you have done the Jurassic Park fans a service with this game.

I cannot fault it, no glitches, no trouble...oh so smooth! Your best looking and sounding game to date, great character development and voice acting.

I finished it in 7 hours and 44 minutes, I have work in an hour, I think I may die.

10/10 would play again. (well I'm going to tonight hahaha):D

• really 7 hours? im on the last episode at about 4 hours. I love the game but man its short

• Just got through episode 1. A few bugs here and there, but color me impressed. The controls took some getting used to, but after dying 23 times, I got through. Bravo, Telltale!

• That was an amazing ending!!! Episodes 2-4 were really good! I need to get some sleep. But now that I finished all episodes I might as well write up a full review of the whole series when I wake up.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Hey guys, I just made a sticky review thread and moved all the individual posts in. The only problem is that there is a lot of download & bug discussion going on in these threads and that really doesn't belong.

I'd be all for a bug thread though. ;)

Add Comment