User Avatar Image

Specific dinosaurs I wanted to see

posted by dinoman101 on - last edited - Viewed by 544 users

I wish there was other dinos like metricanthosaurus and proceratosaur but I guess thats it.

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The park was still in creation at the time; it's very possible (considering as well the fact that all the dilos are juveniles) that none of those species had been shipped over from Isla Sorna yet but were planned to be included in the park.

• Just a quick question to all who completed the game:

Where there any Brachiosaurus or Gallimimus in the game? At least in the background?

• Gallimimus isn't mentioned at all, Brachiosaur calls are heard in the background in one scene, but you never see them.

• @Sadonicus said: Just a quick question to all who completed the game:

Where there any Brachiosaurus or Gallimimus in the game? At least in the background?

Brachiosaurus had an audio nod, Gallimimus was a no show. This was due to the fact that most of the game was centered from East Docks, in land to the Visitor's Center then up North to the North Dock. The map shows the Helipad and Galli's towards the South end of the island. The Brach's made sense because of it's centrality to East Dock, Triceratops, and the Visitor's Center.

Of course it came down to the "resource budget" for the game, and modeling Gallis for a small glance scene for the Harding's on the way to East Dock was just not justifiable. The Brachiosaurus would have taken a lot of resources, again for just a small appearance. The main focus of the game was to feature action dinosaurs that could be pinnacle to the gameplay, it's just not very actiony to encounter those dinosaurs as they are for the most part not threatening dinosaurs. The best threat I can think of is a stampede, but I think the carnivore dinosaurs were a lot more thrilling.

• Hmm, kind of a bummer. Jurassic Park needs as much of unthreatening awe-dinosaur moments as it needs action. The could at least make very simple models in the far background, wouldnt be that resource consuming.

• Save the stampede QTEs for the sequel!! :D

• Metricanthosaurus and Baryonyx for me.

• I don't know why, but one of my favorite scenes was the Brachiosaur call scene. I thought it was so beautiful. Their cries are amazing. I fell in love with all the characters except Yoder.

• @shamuboy said: I don't know why, but one of my favorite scenes was the Brachiosaur call scene. I thought it was so beautiful. Their cries are amazing. I fell in love with all the characters except Yoder.

which scene in which episode can they be heard?

• maybe the ingen field guide included in the deluxe edition will feature some of the missing dinos.

Add Comment