User Avatar Image

JP Bluray code not giving me a DL button

posted by ClownPrinceJoker on - last edited - Viewed by 407 users

I didn't see anyone else make a thread about this issue, so here it is. I haven't ordered/pre-ordered the game since my pay checks have been all weird lately. However I picked up the JP Blu Ray ultimate pack when it came out and I got a code to download episode 1. I logged in, entered the code. The game is showing up in My Games section, however it's not giving me a button to download the game. Anyone else having a similar issue regard the JP BluRay code?

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah I was just about to make a thread on this. It says:

"Use your Telltale username and password to unlock this game!"

But doesn't give anywhere to put that in. I am not really sure what it is asking for since I am already logged into my account and looking at 'my games'.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

It isn't an error. The free game is not out yet.

There was a several week delay for those who got free BttF codes, as well. Telltale will let you know when the free games can be redeemed.

• TBH, that's bullcrap, and false advertising between TT and Universal. No where on the slip with the code from Universal, nor on TT's website does it say that anyone using that code has to wait a few weeks before being able to play after spending $70 on overpriced bluray discs.

• You're right, it doesn't say when, however you would think they would that into the offer of "You know, when we give them this, they're going to want it on release day, and probably won't be happy/satisfied as a consumer if it's not available." So unless anyone who is using that code is a patient gamer (which is a verrrry slim chance of that being the case), they're going to have to pay an addition $30 to play today.

• @divisionten said: It also does not say when you can get the free game, either, right? There's no false advertising. You get a free copy of episode 1, just not on release day.

Yeah, not exactly.

---------------------
    We're thrilled that you've chosen to become a part of our community. Your digital copy of Jurassic Park Episode 1: The Intruder will be available to download on November 15th. Don't worry, we'll send you a reminder and instructions.
    ---------------------

• OK, I agree that's pretty lame. I guess I won't purchase any of their games if their going to do things like this.

• I agree with xXChevalierXx.
    Seriously I hate how uninformed this whole site works.

• The game was only just released, there is a good chance Telltale are working out all the kinks for the paying customers first before working to make the free passes available. I'd be very surprised if there was a multi-week delay with the free episode for JP. With BttF it actually made sense to only make the free episode available after the second episode was released, otherwise there would be no incentive for people to buy the season after they finished the free episode because there wouldn't be any immediate return, just the promise of another episode in a months time. (God I hope that makes sense.)

With Jurassic Park all the episodes are already out so there is no real reason for Telltale to hold back access to the free one for very long. But then again I'm just speculating. Hopefully it will be ready for you guys soon.

• @divisionten said: It also does not say when you can get the free game, either, right? There's no false advertising. You get a free copy of episode 1, just not on release day.

Wrong it is false advertising. The email I received when I entered my blu ray code says...

"We're thrilled that you've chosen to become a part of our community. Your digital copy of Jurassic Park Episode 1: The Intruder will be available to download on November 15th. Don't worry, we'll send you a reminder and instructions."

I have been waiting all day to get my hands on this and I am very disappointed. Hope it comes out soon!!

Add Comment