User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park Install Problems

posted by Master of Aeons on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

I've downloaded the series for PC a few times and on a few computers. I get a folder called components (which seems to have individual files for installing one at a time for 2, 3 and 4, then one called "default"), an executable file which lets me install the first game, and a mystery file that seems to be nothing but is also called "components".

Installing the executable leads to an error that says "Could not load game data! Make sure you are running the application from the directory it was installed to". This happens no matter where I run it. Installing the default seems to work, but then it tells me that it's missing "thumbs", content_bg.png, login.png, mainframe.png, news ticker.png, rock left (and right).png, french and german localization files, and the mouse input file 0_input_mouse.ttarch. All this does is put a bunch of "ttarch" files in my C: folder.

I've never had any problems installing a TT game. What do I need to do?

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've got that same problem. I'm still working on a solution :(

• If you have a virus scanner installed, please try disabling it prior to unzipping the installation file, and then try to install it again.

• I ran it on my newer computer and it worked fine. Is this game not going to work on XP?

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

One thing you might try is to right click on the launcher exe, go to Properties -> Compatibility, tick "Run this program in compaitibility mode for:" and play with the XP options.

• I have the same issue. If I click on it says "Could not load game data! Make sure you are running the application from the directory it was installed to"
    I just don't get it! :(

• @nanotyrano said: I have the same issue. If I click on it says "Could not load game data! Make sure you are running the application from the directory it was installed to"
    I just don't get it! :(

Same here! :(

• @Master of Aeons said:
    Installing the executable leads to an error that says "Could not load game data! Make sure you are running the application from the directory it was installed to". This happens no matter where I run it.

When do you get this message? While installing the game (press the button details to see the exact time) or after installing without any error message and when trying to run the game?

• i have the same problem , and it is after the installation

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@Master of Aeons said: Installing the executable leads to an error that says "Could not load game data! Make sure you are running the application from the directory it was installed to".

This error occurs, when you double click on the JurassicPark100_Setup.zip, and start the JurassicPark100_Setup.exe from inside the zip file.

Please try right clicking JurassicPark100_Setup.zip and selecting "Extract All". Then open the "JurassicPark100_Setup" Folder and start "JurassicPark100_Setup.exe".

The problem here is, that opening a zip by double clicking looks very similar to opening a folder and can be confused. Actually you should get a warning, trying to run the .exe from inside the .zip file, so if you see that try the other approach.

• I'm able to download the game, but during it, I get two files that pop-up instantaneously, then I usually ignore it. Then i go on, and it says 'Congratulations!' And stuff. But the thing is, the game NEVER pops up. I'll click the game, click 'Open' and every way you could start the game, but the game just won't come up. I had to restore my memory this morning and I got it to work, then it didn't work again. It only works once, then it's over? Please help. I've been waiting almost 2 years for this game. ._.

Add Comment