User Avatar Image

JP for Mac game fails to launch, and other Mac Issues

posted by fallenwithsnow on - last edited - Viewed by 585 users

I can't figure out why it won't launch

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Do you get any error messages, or it just does nothing?

• the application telltale games quit unexpectedly

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Can you post a DXDiag? I don't know what the problem might be, but that info may help the Telltale guys tomorrow.

To send a DXDiag, click the Start menu, click Run, and then type in DXDiag and press enter. After it loads, click Save All Information and save the file where you'll be able to easily find it. Open the file and then press Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C to copy the contents of the file, and then include that in a reply.

• Hi there, I'm having the same issue. "telltale application quit unexpectedly" Just WEIRD! I don't know what's wrong but the game completely fails to launch after downloaded & installed correctly. Could it be because I'm running OSX 10.5.8? But the odd thing is I can run Back to the Future on the same MacBook Pro machine with no issues at all.
    Also, after the .dmg file mounted, the game file itself "JurassicPark100" doesn't have an icon associated with the file at all... just the generic App icon OSX assigns to Apps which don't have their own icon to begin with. odd...
    Something's up with the downloaded file I'm guessing? HELP PLEASE! =(

(Damn! & I was really hoping to take it for a spin tonight! argh.)
    Thanks for the help in advance!

• same issue, telltale application quit unexpectedly kinda bummed i would have liked to at least have seen the game in action after staying up till 2 am to download it.

• I'm re-downloading file (as if that would help, lol) but I just came across this: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27359 Perhaps it will help? Feel to free to try it out & let me know how it works you, if you get a chance to try it out before my download is finished, again. =P Good luck!

• @Glyph2040 said: Could it be because I'm running OSX 10.5.8?

Yes, the minimum requirements say you need to have Snow Leopard (10.6.x)

go upgrade ;)

@Glyph2040 said:
    To send a DXDiag, click the Start menu, click Run, and then type in DXDiag and press enter. After it loads, click Save All Information and save the file where you'll be able to easily find it. Open the file and then press Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C to copy the contents of the file, and then include that in a reply.

This doesnt work on a Mac

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

SysReq are X.6 or above. Sorry. The reason why BttF worked was because they patched it for OSX.5 users.

• Bugs I've recognized so far:

- Do not rename "JurassicPark100.app" (it creates a new folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/) which doesn't let you load your save game anymore

- If you are having problems with the resolution (may cause black screen): Do not play with prefs.prop - it doesnt changes anything.If you have the luck to own a Time machine recover this file from the last date it worked

- Do not press CMD + H to hide the game (like in other applications). It will crash immediately !

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

If anyone has problems with their prefs.pop, I can make them a replacement.

Add Comment