User Avatar Image

XBox360 Controller recommended for Windows version?

posted by pgr on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

I played the Windows version intro and I wondered if my XBox360 controller is the best option here as the gameplay seems to add lots of quick time events.

Until now Telltale games were always best played with mouse (counts for the whole adventures genre). I am a little bit confused about what to expect here...

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

    The game is stylized after Heavy Rain, with a lot of QTEs. So it doesn't surprise me that the XBox controller suits it better.

  • i only have a wireless xbox controller, which ofc is no good without a pc receiver. Will my ps3 controller work? I've used motionjoy to set it up, but it doesn't work in game. How do I get it working?

  • I've played the game with both my 360 controller and a little bit with mouse and keyboard. The controller felt much better.

    @Masta23 said: i only have a wireless xbox controller, which ofc is no good without a pc receiver. Will my ps3 controller work? I've used motionjoy to set it up, but it doesn't work in game. How do I get it working?

    I haven't used the feature because I have both controllers, but I believe there is an option in MotionJoy's settings to emulate a 360 controller. I'd try that.

    edit: I would also like to say that it's really weird that the controller does not work in the menus.

  • User Avatar Image
    Sinaz20 Telltale Staff

    Although both the gamepad control scheme and the Mouse + Keyboard control scheme were given focused design to be equally fun and engaging, the preferred input would be with gamepad.

    The keyboard controls are designed to make sure people could play the game using just one hand-- so you get a somewhat richer experience with the gamepad if you consider a sort of ambidextrous range of inputs.

  • @Sinaz20 said:
    The keyboard controls are designed to make sure people could play the game using just one hand

    ..for the fans who get REALLY excited by Jurassic Park obviously.

    and yes, I used the corded 360 controller and it felt much better than the keyboard.

  • using xbox 360 gamepad for windows and game dosent respond to buttons pressed on the pad

  • I've just installed the game, chose gamepad in options, turn on my XBox pad for Windows and... the pad doesn't work :( Why? What should I do to play in JP with XBox pad? It worked with Back to the Future!

  • cez24 same here pressing buttons during qte sections and nothing happening

  • @louiedog said: I've played the game with both my 360 controller and a little bit with mouse and keyboard. The controller felt much better.

    I haven't used the feature because I have both controllers, but I believe there is an option in MotionJoy's settings to emulate a 360 controller. I'd try that.

    edit: I would also like to say that it's really weird that the controller does not work in the menus.


    yeah emulating the 360 controller works now. It has worked, when I tried to play other PC games with a ps3 controller too. I didn't think it was working, but it is now. I can already tell that this game was clearly designed for a gamepad, and it enhances the experience.

  • User Avatar Image
    pgr

    @Cez24 said: I've just installed the game, chose gamepad in options, turn on my XBox pad for Windows and... the pad doesn't work :( Why? What should I do to play in JP with XBox pad? It worked with Back to the Future!

    I am using XBox360 Wireless controller now instead of keyboard/mouse on Windows 7 64 bit. Works without problems. No need for emulation here...

Add Comment