User Avatar Image

Common JP Problems/Solutions

posted by TonsOfChocobo on - last edited - Viewed by 6.5K users

Let's consolidate solutions to common problems mentioned here so far. Add more fixes if you know of any.

-Frame Rate is lagging
In the graphics settings, lower the Shadow quality to Low and/or turn off the DoF option. This appears to be a graphics card issue on certain ATI cards.

-Mouse pointer randomly goes missing during Exploration sequences
Close the game and reopen it.

-Game goes back to main menu after completing a scenario
The game will only progress during a Load playthough. If you are playing using the Scenario option, the game will reset to the menu after completion, as was intended.

-Game won't start up again after exiting.
Open the Task Manager and look for the game in the Processes tab. Select it and hit End Process. Try starting game again.

-Certain Achievements not activating
Some achievements must be obtained through a Load playthrough and won't activate if playing on Scenario.

70 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I found the (german) voices in episode 2 are often not understandable because they are not loud enough.

• I finished complete episode 2. Scenario 1 from Episode 2 ist still not unlocked. Registry Entry was "-1" - changed it to unlock the scenario.

• Sorry if someone already posted this, but when I try to open the JurassicPark100 application on my Mac, I get a response saying, "The Application TellTale Games Quit Unexpectedly" every time. Please help, really appreciate it.

• Ugh im so excited to play this game, but its soo jittery at times where i dont even see button presses, before anyone says lower your settings im running an XFX 6970, with an amd phenom 1100t, yet it randomly skips and is a bit choppy and after failing a button mash , it restarts and allows you to do it again only this time I didnt see the button show up on screen at all (during the machete jungle clearing part). I think ill wait for a patch to play it seeing how I aim for Golds and not bronze. Keep up the good work guys, just figure out the problems soon, im itchy for more play ^_^.

• its a problem with ati cards, 5850 here and laggy as sh*t from time to time. set shadows to "low", that did the trick for me

if that doesnt help, try deactivating the aftereffects

• I'm also getting the missing cursor problem quite frequently, really annoying!
    This should be a priority to fix.

On a positive note though, I have to say I think the game seems really good!

• A lot of the time, when I pause the game, it does the thing with the stone closing, but never gets back to the menu, and I end up having to force quit. I have a MacBook Pro, 2 GB RAM.

Also, an unrelated problem, which is just a graphics thing, and so I am not sure if this one goes here: on Gerry Harding's shirt, around his name tag, there is a large square that gets much darker than everything else when it is in a shadow.

• I played the whole game.

Now I wanted to load some especific moments of some games.

The menu just doenst allow me to load the chapters. They appear all with the bronze-gold icons, but when I click on them, nothing happens....

Am I going to have to play all over again?

hehehe

• @MarkoH01 said: I found the (german) voices in episode 2 are often not understandable because they are not loud enough.

Mixing is terrible in the game. The volume changes from low to high and during a lot of the helicopter scenes I couldn't understand the dialogue at all. I had to turn on the subtitles for that.

• @Alpha0010 said: A lot of the time, when I pause the game, it does the thing with the stone closing, but never gets back to the menu, and I end up having to force quit. I have a MacBook Pro, 2 GB RAM.

Same problem on my 2.66GHz Mac.

Add Comment