User Avatar Image

Common JP Problems/Solutions

posted by TonsOfChocobo on - last edited - Viewed by 5.9K users

Let's consolidate solutions to common problems mentioned here so far. Add more fixes if you know of any.

-Frame Rate is lagging
In the graphics settings, lower the Shadow quality to Low and/or turn off the DoF option. This appears to be a graphics card issue on certain ATI cards.

-Mouse pointer randomly goes missing during Exploration sequences
Close the game and reopen it.

-Game goes back to main menu after completing a scenario
The game will only progress during a Load playthough. If you are playing using the Scenario option, the game will reset to the menu after completion, as was intended.

-Game won't start up again after exiting.
Open the Task Manager and look for the game in the Processes tab. Select it and hit End Process. Try starting game again.

-Certain Achievements not activating
Some achievements must be obtained through a Load playthrough and won't activate if playing on Scenario.

70 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • :) @Jurassic Brony said: I am stuck on dialogue. I thought the game might have glitched, but I looked for a walkthrough and the guy seems to have been able to get out of the dialogue and back to the main screen where you can select which area you want your dude to go to. specifically, Im where Yoder has to say "got any dirt on Sorkin?" and once I get an answer I need to be able to get out of the dialogue. Please help, I havent been able to progress, and the dialogue window wont close on its own! Esc just takes me to the main menu.

All you have to do is right click and the dialogue window goes. It's as easy as that
    Jack

• anyone else had a problem with not being able to load a saved game? I'm halfway through ep2 and when I press "load save game" i get a black screen and the mouse cursor, nothing else happens. I can start a new episode, but don't really feel like starting from the beginning again.

• There got the Frame Rate problems on PS3 version as well...
    Got any solution to fix this problem on PS3 version?

I really hope to enjoy this game smoothly without lagging frame rate, the lagging is very annoying.

Thank you.

• If you have the "missing cursor problem" and you don't want to restart the game, you can do the following (but it's also a little bit annoying):

1. Touch the position you want to click on with your finger.
    2. Go to main menu.
    3. Click on resume and move the cursor FAST to your finger's position.
    4. When back in game: click!

Do this as often as needed. The cursor will appear again later.

• I play on an iMac with Snow Leopard. In the action scene I'm stuck in, pressing the correct arrow keys only gets to (annoying) red Xes, making it impossible to complete the scene.

• the file i downloaded cant be extracted... it was a digital download striaght from telltale games. I just bought it. When I attempt to extract it with WinRar, it says C:\Users\Efra\Downloads\JurassicPark100_Setup.zip: Unexpected end of archive
    Help please?

• @trmin8r said: I play on an iMac with Snow Leopard. In the action scene I'm stuck in, pressing the correct arrow keys only gets to (annoying) red Xes, making it impossible to complete the scene.

Are you in the scene where you have to cut the wood? Then you have to wait until the icon flickers before you hit the key.

• In Ep4 after the elevator puzzle (Grenade throwing...cutscene) ist is impossible to get gold if you are playing with mouse. The medal turns to silver without doing anything and without showing you an action. The problem doesn't exist when playing via gamepad - don't know why, but it IS a bug.

• @Efrain999 said: the file i downloaded cant be extracted... it was a digital download striaght from telltale games. I just bought it. When I attempt to extract it with WinRar, it says C:\Users\Efra\Downloads\JurassicPark100_Setup.zip: Unexpected end of archive
    Help please?

Try downloading again. If problem persists then try using newest version of winrar or winzip.

• @Woodsyblue said: I had an odd problem, though I downloaded the game from Telltale I played it on Steam (I don't own it on Steam, but I played it on Steam as a non-Steam game, if that makes sense) but when I closed the game Steam would tell me that it was still open. Then Steam would refuse to close because it said that Jurassic Park was still running. The only way I could fix it was opening the Task Manager and closing Steam directly though Processes.

I run Vista. Also, that doesn't happen with any of my other games.

Having the same problem the exe file does not close down, have to log off or close by the task manager. I have steam but not playing through steam.I am running through xp as its my game drive. You only notice when you close the game & then try to restart.

Add Comment