Menu
User Avatar Image

*Book SPOILER* A strange inconsistency

posted by jonathanbloom on - last edited - Viewed by 486 users

Didn't they blow up Isla Nublar as they were escaping from the island? How can we be running around it if they blew it up?

I'm only on Episode 3 of the game.

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It may be worthy to note as well that the game is based more on the world that the movies created "movie canon" and not so much the one the book did "book canon" ... there are plenty of things changed in the movie too... Like Hammond surviving, Tim and Lex's ages and personalities somewhat changed.. There are many other things different too.

• The game is based on the movies, not the books. Although the whole idea of bombing the island clearly came from the book, we can assume it just happened later in the "movieverse."

• @Irishmile said: It may be worthy to note as well that the game is based more on the world that the movies created "movie canon" and not so much the one the book did "book canon" ... there are plenty of things changed in the movie too... Like Hammond surviving, Tim and Lex's ages and personalities somewhat changed.. There are many other things different too.

Muldoon was a big difference as well.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Speaking of inconsistencies, wasn't that Barbasol can meant to protect the DNA only for mere hours? I'm not sure if I counted correctly, but I assume that there was an entire day more than that can would have lasted.

• @Vainamoinen said: Speaking of inconsistencies, wasn't that Barbasol can meant to protect the DNA only for mere hours? I'm not sure if I counted correctly, but I assume that there was an entire day more than that can would have lasted.

I believe Miles added more coolant or something to it after he opened it up to check it. Definitely heard a hissing sound or something like.

• @Vainamoinen said: Speaking of inconsistencies, wasn't that Barbasol can meant to protect the DNA only for mere hours? I'm not sure if I counted correctly, but I assume that there was an entire day more than that can would have lasted.

Nima also said not to shake the can but come on those embryos must have been destroyed long before they reached the dock, considering all the action Billy and Nima went through.

• @corruptbiggins said: I believe Miles added more coolant or something to it after he opened it up to check it. Definitely heard a hissing sound or something like.

He used a CO2 canister to "recharge" the coolant. Even so, there was supposed to be enough coolant inside for 36 hours I believe.

36 Hours in both the Novel and Movie universe.

Add Comment