User Avatar Image

Quite a week, I will be around if you want to talk about it

posted by dancon on - last edited - Viewed by 4.5K users

Hi Everyone, I am just putting up some shelves but I will be checking this thread. We had quite a week this week If you want to ask me about it I will answer what I can.

Thanks
Dan

203 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hey Dan! How's your job at Telltale? What's it like there? I would love to here from the inside!

• User Avatar Image
    dancon Telltale Alumni

Hi Faceslasher

Well first of its very busy, as an independent publisher we have more to think about then just making the games. So that means alot of negotiating with folks, doing spread sheets, reviewing marketing plans, that kind of stuff. Of course development is a huge part of it to and I would say the very best part is diving into the franchises and working on the stories and representing the franchise in the game world. SInce we started we have worked with Jeff Smith (awesome dude and brilliant artist) Steve Purcell (hilarious), The brothers Chaps (awesome) and the team at Videlectrix (total tools) Bob Gale (a legend), can you imagine working on the fourth story in the Back to the Future series with an original creator. Ron Gilbert and obviously Dave is already here. So the creative stuff is wonderful.

• That whole Metacritic thing, I hope nobody got in trouble over it, hopefully just a bit of friendly teasing around the office.

While you're here though, have TTG got anything in store for us old-school adventure fans, those that relish classic gameplay?

Enjoy the shelving, nowt wrong with a bit of weekend DIY! ;)

• Obviously, Telltale's gotten quite a few big licenses (Back to the Future, The Walking Dead, etc.), but how many times have you guys proposed a licensed game to a company but the idea was shot down?

• User Avatar Image
    dancon Telltale Alumni

On the metacritic thing, no one is in trouble just really bummed. They know they shouldn't have done it and won't do it again. The worst thing about it is that it turned into such a sensationalist thing that it is being positioned as a company strategy to exploit metacritc and that is just a huge stretch.

For the old school adventure fans we are looking at some very cool licenses right now that aren't traditional adventure franchises, but will be great new adventure franchises.

• User Avatar Image
    dancon Telltale Alumni

Hi Dr Genius

To answer your question I can't talk specifically about conversations we have had, but I know the Scott Pilgrim creator came out and said he wasn't into an andventure game for the franchise. Other stuff we have always wanted includes Futarama and Family Guy but no luck yet.

Most of the time it ends up that the creators are to busy with other things to focus on doing a game. That was the case with the guys from the Gorrillaz a few years back

• @dancon said: Hi Dr Genius

To answer your question I can't talk specifically about conversations we have had, but I know the Scott Pilgrim creator came out and said he wasn't into an andventure game for the franchise. Other stuff we have always wanted includes Futurama and Family Guy but no luck yet.

Most of the time it ends up that the creators are to busy with other things to focus on doing a game. That was the case with the guys from the Gorrillaz a few years back

Bless you, sir. Bless you. You're an angel. A prince. A gift from the gods. Just for trying.

• Are you still in the market for an animated show to adapt, as you said that's what you were looking for in licenses a while back, or have your visions shifted?

Also; Is the pilot program over, or just on hiatus? We only got two titles from it.

• What has been your favorite game from ttg so far?... Thanks for taking the time to talk to us I know you're a busy guy.

For those who do not know Dan is one of the 3 (i think its 3) men who gave us ttg...

Also now that I've got your ear can you guys go back to having the option of having the option of having just the original game's audio in the audio commentary videos? Sometimes my kids and I just watched the games being played I really missed that option with monkey island and s&m s3

• I'll second Irishmile's thoughts. I much prefer watching the abridged 30 minute version than playing the full 3 hour version.

Add Comment