User Avatar Image

Jeep instead a tour vehicle

posted by veki on - last edited - Viewed by 393 users

I don't know how many of you have noticed this, or if anybody already mentioned it. At the very beginning of the game, when we are introduced to Gerry and Jess; when Jess is looking through binoculars to find triceratops, a parked Jeep Wrangler could be seen. If you click onto it, Gerry says that it's probably vehicle by which guests had arrived. Does he think about Alan and company from the movie or some other unnamed guests.

As, we all well remember that in the movie there have been two ford explorers. I would like someone from Telltale to clarify that Jeep problem. If this is a mistake, please replace it with 2 ford explorers (tour vehicles) in next patch, as it kills immersion siginifcantly...

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I was wondering this too? The only gas powered jeep that makes sense next to the trike paddock would of been Gerry's, but his jeep is right behind him in the cut scene. I'm wondering if it is supposed to be one of the gas powered jeeps that they took from the helicopter?

Or did they just mean to put two explorers here? I'm confused...

• They rode from the chopper to the visitor center in jeeps.. I am guessing this is close to the time frame of that scene but I am not sure... Gerry could also just be assuming incorrectly

• @Irishmile said: They rode from the chopper to the visitor center in jeeps.. I am guessing this is close to the time frame of that scene but I am not sure... Gerry could also just be assuming incorrectly

I figured he was just assuming incorrectly.

• I thought the same. But, if that is indeed the visitors car, then Telltale, please replace it with Ford explorers. However, if those are Alan and company, then shouldn't Harding be down, to meet them? In any case, official clarification would be nice. So many questions, that happens when you make a game for die hard fans :)

• Assuming incorrectly makes more sense because Gerry was WITH the tour group when they first see the triceratops... In fact I am not really sure when that happened in the games timeline either... Maybe someone smarter than me needs to make a timeline of events and sort this all out :p

• I'm not really sure when it takes place. Jerry in the movie is with the Trike and Ellie RIGHT before the storm. Whereas this scene is taking place when it is bright and sunny, and the storm occurs when Gerry and Jess are sleeping overnight in the bunker. Not really sure the events of the movie and the game line up right with Gerry Harding...

Everything would of needed to happen after the sick trike. Maybe he took Ellie back to the visistors center and picked up Jess. That makes sense right?

• @Irishmile said: Assuming incorrectly makes more sense because Gerry was WITH the tour group when they first see the triceratops... In fact I am not really sure when that happened in the games timeline either... Maybe someone smarter than me needs to make a timeline of events and sort this all out :p

After Gerry took Jess back to the guest house, he went and checked on the sick Trike. And somehow grew a mustache.

• The scene in the move with the trike takes place between the Gerry/Jess level in the game and the following level where you are playing as Nima, the game kinda just skips over the entire tour section of the movie and jumps right to that night.

• Yeah... that is right the binocular scene happens, then the sick triceratops in the movie, then Gerry tries to get to the boat in the game... he implies not being there when he talks about her packing her things...

• Hmmm, then whose Jeep is parked in Trike paddock?

Add Comment