User Avatar Image

Your favorite bit of acting in JP:TG?

posted by Irishmile on - last edited - Viewed by 259 users

What was your favorite bit of acting in Jurassic Park the game?

Was it a certain animation?
was it a voice actor's performance?

Mine is the first time we see the Rex slowly stomping towards Gerry when he is trapped under the detached gate... I think of all the bits that sequence fit. It had the same sort of tension that I felt when I watch the first movie.

I also liked the interaction between Mile's (good job Mr. Multi-talented, Jared Emerson-Johnson) and Nima... It really set up how Nima is probably the kind of capable character that puts up with people like Mile's underestimating her..

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Irishmile said:
    Was it a certain animation?

Again, crotch death; chapter 4.
    Greatest thing in the game.

• OMG! yeah... that was hard to watch... My son was watching me play when that happened... without missing a beat he said "oooohhhh... I bet he is fine.. he will just need to walk it off."

• My favourite part is failing the QTE for climbing the fence when the T-Rex is coming (episode 3). That was awesome watching Nima get flung into the air.

• My favorite is how well they nailed the shock and sadness Jess feels if you fail the last QTE and Gerry dies before getting to the boat.

• I absolutely loved the moment just before the fight between Nima and Billy right at the very end of the game. Nima's character in particular develops beautifully from the beginning of the game, where she has Gerry and Jess held hostage at gunpoint, to the end where she positions herself in front of them protectively. It also contrasts nicely with Billy's development, from hero and protector to villian and antagonist. (This is also why I think the ending where Nima survives and saves Jess is the 'true' ending - by this point in the game she cares more about the Hardings than the canister.)

• I love the look on Billy's face when he realises that the T-Rex is right next to him.

• I love the look on Billy's face when he realises that the T-Rex is right next to him.

I have to admit, Billy's demise was kinda stupid. He stood frozen the whole time because he knew the Rex was behind him. Once the canister rolls away, he leaps and runs towards it, dives, recovers the can, and stands up. WTH? During all this time did he FORGET THAT THERE WAS A T-REX BEHIND HIM?! Like in the Lost World movie, at the docks, people jumped straight into the water with the Trex behind them. That would have made sense.

• The world is full of stupid people.

• @Baby Raptor said: I have to admit, Billy's demise was kinda stupid. He stood frozen the whole time because he knew the Rex was behind him. Once the canister rolls away, he leaps and runs towards it, dives, recovers the can, and stands up. WTH? During all this time did he FORGET THAT THERE WAS A T-REX BEHIND HIM?! Like in the Lost World movie, at the docks, people jumped straight into the water with the Trex behind them. That would have made sense.

He probably saw that the rex was temporarily distracted.

• He probably thought the payout was worth the risk... he was wrong.

All the raptor animation was spot on too.... I was really impressed with it.

Add Comment