User Avatar Image

Is Gerry's Other Daughter Sarah Harding?

posted by 12dinoboy3 on - last edited - Viewed by 789 users

Ok, in the game Gerry mentions he has an older daughter named Sarah and since his last name is Harding so is hers. So is she THE Sarah Harding from The Lost World? I mean, i would fit. Gerry mentions how shes a couples years older than Jess, probably in her 20's and in TLW she's in her 20's. I'm pretty sure that she is the Sarah Harding from TLW i just wanted a Telltale Confirmation for good measure :)

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It is indeed Sarah Harding. ;)

• It'd be too much of a horrible coincidence. People were expecting this for years now. Even in the novel Sarah mentions that her father was a veterinarian, which prompts Malcolm to kinda seem surprised by this news and thus hinting the same.

• it said so in the game as well.....

• uhhm, same answer in my other thread the original gerry harding

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

The scene in which Jess asks about Sarah is a hint for the sake of a hint. If there was an official confirmation, this wouldn't be a hint any more. ;)

In other words, TTG suggests this correlation in exactly the same way the Lost World movie did.

• @Vainamoinen said: The scene in which Jess asks about Sarah is a hint for the sake of a hint. If there was an official confirmation, this wouldn't be a hint any more. ;)

In other words, TTG suggests this correlation in exactly the same way the Lost World movie did.

I have to point out that this is not discussed in the film, but in the novel. In the films, the connection is not made: in the films' universe, there's no way of knowing if Gerry Harding and Sarah Harding are truly related, unless specified in a future installment. (Which seems doubtful.)

• @Neelis said: I have to point out that this is not discussed in the film, but in the novel. In the films, the connection is not made: in the films' universe, there's no way of knowing if Gerry Harding and Sarah Harding are truly related, unless specified in a future installment. (Which seems doubtful.)

How common is the name Harding!? There's your answer...

• The reference is a nice little easter egg that hardcore fans of the books and movies will immediately pick up on, but other people would gloss over without a thought.

It's still open for interpretation though, as the name Sarah when Jess speaks it in the game is spelled without an H (captions turned on, for the win.) And the character of Harding is different in the book, the movie, and the game: even if Sarah Harding is his daughter in the book and/or game, the movies don't necessarily follow suit.

• @jurassiraptor said: The reference is a nice little easter egg that hardcore fans of the books and movies will immediately pick up on, but other people would gloss over without a thought.

It's still open for interpretation though, as the name Sarah when Jess speaks it in the game is spelled without an H (captions turned on, for the win.) And the character of Harding is different in the book, the movie, and the game: even if Sarah Harding is his daughter in the book and/or game, the movies don't necessarily follow suit.

Actually, later on Sarah is mentioned again by Gerry, and this time there is an H at the end. :p

• @jurassiraptor said: The reference is a nice little easter egg that hardcore fans of the books and movies will immediately pick up on, but other people would gloss over without a thought.

Mispelling error in subtitles, simple mistake. If your lucky, you'll get to see deleted dialogue in games this way.

"It's time to bake that cake we made last night." - Not from this game but one that I love. Only seen in subtitles.

Add Comment