User Avatar Image

the bttf 3 paradox

posted by marty57 on - last edited - Viewed by 484 users

When marty goes back to the old west , there should be two delorians in 1885 .There should be the one in which marty came , and the one in which the doc came ( when it was stricken by lightening ). However the third movie doesn't refer at all to the this second delorian ! and it could even be helpful since the one in which marty came is broken .

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @marty57 said: When marty goes back to the old west , there should be two delorians in 1885 .There should be the one in which marty came , and the one in which the doc came ( when it was stricken by lightening ). However the third movie doesn't refer at all to the this second delorian ! and it could even be helpful since the one in which marty came is broken .

    This isn't a paradox at all, it's keeping things as they are supposed to be. If they even messed with the other Delorean, it would cause Marty and the Delorean with the fuel issues to fade away instantly stranding Doc in 1885 and Marty in 1955.

  • Actually if they messed with it, that would be the paradox.

    Marty's delorean wasn't broken at all, it was merely out of gas; a commodity difficult to get in 1885. The DeLorean in the mine WAS broken hence why Doc couldn't repair it in 1885. Doc would have known better than to leave gasoline in there for it to sit for 70 years.

  • @jweir said: This isn't a paradox at all, it's keeping things as they are supposed to be. If they even messed with the other Delorean, it would cause Marty and the Delorean with the fuel issues to fade away instantly stranding Doc in 1885 and Marty in 1955.


    Of course if they mess with the first delorian ,(the one in which doc came stricken by lightening ) , that would unable marty to discover it in 1955 , but why would they mess ? why can't Marty just use the first delorian to go back to 1985 ?

  • @marty57 said: Of course if they mess with the first delorian ,(the one in which doc came stricken by lightening ) , that would unable marty to discover it in 1955 , but why would they mess ? why can't Marty just use the first delorian to go back to 1985 ?

    Because the first DeLorean is in worse shape(at least until the fuel injection manifold blew). The DeLorean sitting in the mine has fried time circuits and no gasoline. It's of even less help.

    And even taking the car out of the cave would cause a paradox.

  • @marty57 said: Of course if they mess with the first delorian ,(the one in which doc came stricken by lightening ) , that would unable marty to discover it in 1955 , but why would they mess ? why can't Marty just use the first delorian to go back to 1985 ?

    Well for one that one was broken. Second taking it back to 1985 would also stop them from finding it. That Delorian was supposed to stay there so they would find it in 1955, repair it and come to 1885.

  • @marty57 said: Of course if they mess with the first delorian ,(the one in which doc came stricken by lightening ) , that would unable marty to discover it in 1955 , but why would they mess ? why can't Marty just use the first delorian to go back to 1985 ?

    Because it's broken! Why do you think Doc needed to bury it in the mine in the first place instead of going back to 1955 himself?

  • @marty57 said: Of course, if they mess with the first DeLorean (the one in which Doc came by being struck by lightning,) that would make Marty unable to discover it in 1955, but why can't Marty just use the first DeLorean to go back to 1985 ?

    Fixed your post for you.

    Further:
    Dear Marty,

    If my calculations are correct, you will receive this letter immediately after you saw the DeLorean struck by lightning. First, let me assure you that I am alive and well. I've been living happily these past eight months in the year 1885. The lightning bolt that hit the DeLorean caused a gigawatt overload which scrambled the time circuits, activated the flux capacitor, and sent me back to 1885. The overload shorted out the time circuits and destroyed the flying circuits. Unfortunately, the car will never fly again.

    I set myself up as a blacksmith as a front while I attempted to repair the damage to the time circuits. Unfortunately, this proved impossible because suitable replacement parts will not be invented until 1947. However, I've gotten quite adept at shoeing horses and fixing wagons.

    I have buried the DeLorean in the abandoned Delgado Mine, adjacent to the Old Boot Hill Cemetery, as shown on the enclosed map. Hopefully, it should remain undisturbed and preserved until you uncover it in 1955. Inside you will find repair instructions. My 1955 counterpart should have no problem repairing it so that you can drive it back to the future. Once you have returned to 1985, destroy the time machine.

    Do not, I repeat, do not attempt to come back here to get me. I am perfectly happy living in the fresh air and the wide-open spaces, and I fear that unnecessary time travel only risks further disruption of the space-time continuum. And please take care of Einstein for me. I know that you will give him a good home. Remember to walk him twice a day, and that he only likes canned dog food. These are my wishes; please respect them and follow them.

    And so Marty, I now say farewell and wish you Godspeed. You've been a good, kind, and loyal friend to me and you've made a real difference in my life. I will always treasure our relationship and think on you with fond memories, warm feelings, and a special place in my heart.

    Your friend in time,

    "Doc" Emmett L. Brown
    September 1st, 1885

  • Could they not tap some gasoline from it and then put it back in?

  • @Gurluas said: Could they not tap some gasoline from it and then put it back in?

    not if Doc drained it (which anyone leaving a vehicle for 70 years would)

  • @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: not if Doc drained it (which anyone leaving a vehicle for 70 years would)

    If he did drain it, where did he put the gasoline he drained?

Add Comment