User Avatar Image

Call Of Duty series why is this a must play ?

posted by WARP10CK on - last edited - Viewed by 339 users

Ok I decided to pay the money and buy MW3 and I still don´t get why people love this game so much.

Granted I liked the first Modern Warfare but that this series has become the must play games each year ?? I just don´t get it.

The whole Elite thing is stupid I don´t get why I want to pay for these services that I don´t really need anyway.

The Mp has not gone through that much of a change the graphics engine is starting show it´s age and frankly I thought Black Ops was more fun both the Campaign and the MP.

But that this has become the ultimate game that everybody wants to play I just don´t get it.

39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @WARP10CK said: Ok I decided to pay the money and buy MW3 and I still don´t get why people love this game so much.

    Granted I liked the first Modern Warfare but that this series has become the must play games each year ?? I just don´t get it.

    The whole Elite thing is stupid I don´t get why I want to pay for these services that I don´t really need anyway.

    The Mp has not gone through that much of a change the graphics engine is starting show it´s age and frankly I thought Black Ops was more fun both the Campaign and the MP.

    But that this has become the ultimate game that everybody wants to play I just don´t get it.

    Idiots that want to play toy soldiers.
    Thats why!

  • You must play it because your 12 year old classmates say it's the greatest game ever.
    Seriously I think you are asking this in the wrong forum here.

  • @der_ketzer said: You must play it because your 12 year old classmates say it's the greatest game ever.
    Seriously I think you are asking this in the wrong forum here.


    I happen to be 25 years old but I still don´t get why this game is so popular I know people who are older than me who love it.

    One guy I know is an Afghan vet and he loves those games go figure.

  • Because you kick ass in it.

  • @WARP10CK said: I happen to be 25 years old


    Well if you are not a 12 year old boy there is no reason to play these games.

  • Multiplayer.

    That's why people love these games so much. Because the multiplayer lets you go round and kill people.

    ...that's about it. It's one of the great mysteries why people insist that these games are better than others when they clearly are not. Complete and utter mystery. Kind of like how Halo became so popular because of its multiplayer when the SP campaign was padded up the ass and extremely repetitive, and nobody ever called it out on that fact until years later and then everyone jumped on the bandwagon and it became a 'thing' to say Halo sucks and now I've gone off-topic and I'll stop now.

    So yeah, stupidly popular multiplayer. There's your answer.

    Shrugs

  • It's a loophole. People play it because their friends play it. And their friends play it because people play it.

    It's the "Vicious Circle of CoD".

  • I liked how there was a mission in Black Ops that you could get through without firing a shot.

    Though if you want the REAL experience, without paying a cent, there's always the alternative: Duty Calls.

  • You have two option regarding CoD.

    Play it and be a moron mouthbreather.

    Don't play it and be a condescending snob.

    Choose wisely friends!!

  • @JedExodus said: You have two option regarding CoD.

    Play it and be a moron mouthbreather.

    Don't play it and be a condescending snob.

    Choose wisely friends!!

    I went with 'don't play it', mostly because I don't like online multiplayer games. And here I am, snobbing it up!

Add Comment