User Avatar Image

Primal Carnage

posted by julesimanerd on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

there is a game coming out called Primal Carnage that looks interesting. its just a FPS and it plays like Left 4 Dead, i'm not sure if it has a story mode (campaign) but it looks like a fun game. you can either play as the human hunters or the dinosaurs. The T-rex acts as the Tank from L4D, while raptors and other dino's act as the other special infected from L4D. as a fan of left 4 dead, i think this looks fun. its no Jurassic Park, but people were complaining JP wasn't a shooter (which i'm glad it wasn't) but if you wanted to shoot dinosaurs, here is the game for you.

edit
forgot to add the link
http://www.primalcarnage.com/website/

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @julesimanerd said: there is a game coming out called Primal Carnage that looks interesting. its just a FPS and it plays like Left 4 Dead, i'm not sure if it has a story mode (campaign) but it looks like a fun game. you can either play as the human hunters or the dinosaurs. The T-rex acts as the Tank from L4D, while raptors and other dino's act as the other special infected from L4D. as a fan of left 4 dead, i think this looks fun. its no Jurassic Park, but people were complaining JP wasn't a shooter (which i'm glad it wasn't) but if you wanted to shoot dinosaurs, here is the game for you.

i would totally buy this game, i saw the game play, the raptors in the game look similar to jp3 raptors, but the t-rex doesn't really look well, it is cool how you can control the dinosaurs and every thing, once i buy this game i probably spend most of my time as the dino and not the hunter lol

• I've heard of this game but it's been a very long time since I've heard anything new on it. I'm hoping it wasn't cancled. It looks decent though. Better than Dino D-Day anyway.

• @waroftheworlds01 said: I've heard of this game but it's been a very long time since I've heard anything new on it. I'm hoping it wasn't cancled. It looks decent though. Better than Dino D-Day anyway.

i just found out about it, the website has some information, i don't know if its new, but their forums are saying its shooting for a release in the first half of 2012.

• well hopefully that apocalypse doesnt happen in 2012 or we are all doomed lol, no more electricity, the sun is supposed to line up with the earth or something like that, and if it does, supposedly a flare will come down on us, heard it took out the dinos hopefully it dont us, start making under ground bunkers ha

• It looks very cool, but I know for a fact that if it isn't balanced or if the developers don't make a firm commitment to balancing it even after release then I know my friends won't touch it with a ten-foot pole.

• @julesimanerd said: there is a game coming out called Primal Carnage that looks interesting. its just a FPS and it plays like Left 4 Dead, i'm not sure if it has a story mode (campaign) but it looks like a fun game. you can either play as the human hunters or the dinosaurs. The T-rex acts as the Tank from L4D, while raptors and other dino's act as the other special infected from L4D. as a fan of left 4 dead, i think this looks fun. its no Jurassic Park, but people were complaining JP wasn't a shooter (which i'm glad it wasn't) but if you wanted to shoot dinosaurs, here is the game for you.

edit
    forgot to add the link
    http://www.primalcarnage.com/website/

YES! Now they just need to acquire the JP franchise and my dream JP game is complete!

• They are working diligently on the game. It's just that, at this point, it's mostly under the hood stuff that doesn't translate well to screencaps(like getting the raptors to where they don't jump like they're on the moon lol). They're trying to iron out the kinks before getting the rest of the characters in-game and then getting it to the beta testing phase.

I've been watching this game since they released a trailer showing a T.rex and Spinosaurus fighting and f-ing KILLED THE SPINO!!!

• here is a list of Prime carnage Dinosaurs

Tyrannosaurs
    Liopleurodon
    Triceratops
    deinonychus
    Brachiosaurus
    Stegasaurs
    Parasaurolophus
    spinosaurus
    corthyosaurs
    Pterenodon
    compy
    dilophosaurus

there could be more, but i am not sure, the only ones i can think of from watching youtube gameplay footage, and recent news

• They have a Liopleurodon? I thought it was cut like the Hell Croc, um, what was its name again?

• awesome you can play as dino's Hell Yeah!!!

Add Comment